GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Point number 9 in letter to elders

If the minor has a good attitude and the parents have the matter in hand, the two elders may determine that it is not necessary for the minor and his Christian parents) or legal guardian(s)to meet with a committee. The elders will check with the parents periodically to ensure that the minor is receiving needed spiritual assistance.

So It seems the numbers of teenagers involved in normal things that teens do is so much that the GB are worried about any young ones staying at all.

Boys like girls and girls like boys this is normal

it seems now if teens are involved in a bit of normal stuff that teens do, then as long as parents say they have got it in hand then the elders will not take disciplinary action as they have in the past?

is that what this new light means?

• Elena
    Elena

Elders now meet with all disfellowshipped every six months.

They are begging people to come back because the numbers are falling so much.

The slackening off of shunning rules means hardly anyone will be disfellowshipped anymore. They will overlook young ones who slip up and envying sun as long as they say they are sorry.

And they are begging all who have left the Borg to come back

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hee Hee Hee… the older ones of my acquaintance are in high dudgeon over this. They hate the relaxation of standards.

As for the greeting of d/fd , it is too much coincidence to ignore the pressure from outside, like Norway.

When you think of the criticism we once got when young for dress and grooming, this is not like that organisation anymore. I pointed out that it has hardly turned out well for Churches when they try to be casual and trendy.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

From Reddit. Interesting.

• Elena
    Elena

Yes this is just the start. They are in panic mode.

To sum up where this man made organisation is heading “it’s upto your Bible trained conscience and as to interpretation we just don’t know”

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Bigger changes coming? I think these things are sleight of hand to keep the sheeple from noticing something else.

As for committees they are still most times kangaroo courts. The"shepherding" calls will be fishing expeditions. Very few who have been through the"loving"privision will welcome a visit at 6 months

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - “…the older ones of my acquaintance are in high dudgeon over this. They hate the relaxation of standards.”

Well, jeezus, it’s not like they’re required to stop wearing neckties and skirts if they don’t want to.

They just feel like all the time and effort they spent following/enforcing the rules has just been flushed down the toilet.

😏

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What would be the “significant stuff” still to come?

If they were asking me what to change I’d suggest dropping 1914, allowing women to become elders on equal basis with men, make blood a personal choice, allow birthdays, accept gay people, and expand the canon to include the First book of Enoch.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dude…

…they wouldn’t even be Jehovah’s Witnesses, anymore.

😁

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

To me the core distinctive teachings are: Jehovah’s name, God’s plan for future paradise, no fighting in war, Jesus is an exalted spirit creature, preaching to others, destruction of Satan at the end of the thousand years, and the vindication of Jehovah’s name.

You can eliminate a lot of untrue and unnecessary stuff and still keep core distinctive teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit