GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    It's like some weird fever-dream.

That's the most accurate description of JWdom in the last year.

lawsuits will flood the courts from cases decades old

Exactly. And not just that, but MANY active JWs who had relatives face the blood issue, as well as everyone who knows the huge effort of produced videos, brochures & more for generations. Even if a JW doesn't have a relative who died personally, at the very least it makes them question everything and see these really are just men making it up as they go.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

As unimaginable as dropping the blood ban seems, just look at the changes of recent times.

I do predict more massive changes to come.

they are in full on panic mode and even the die hard believers are asking what the hell is going on?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    WingCommander - Another thing I'd like to point out: It's March, and we haven't even gotten to the Pennsylvania Grand Jury and charges that are going to hit the WT from all that CSA shit! That's just floating out there......what we've heard about it was just the tip of the iceburg (I'm in Pennsylvania) and when the WT Titanic hits that it's gonna really rip open!”

A recent (alleged) Bethel insider claims that the Org - or their lawyers, really - fully expect the Pedo Database to be exposed to the public, sooner rather than later.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

One thing they cannot do. Actually bring about the fantasy new system we once believed and yearned for

• DisgruntledFool
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WING COMMANDER:

Maybe others feel differently, but I’m not attracted in the slightest! It wouldn’t matter what things the Witnesses got rid of.

The fact of the matter is that it’s too late to try to make a good impression. Some people’s lives were impacted for the worse and ruined in some cases.. I’m lucky I never listened and escaped with just a few ‘bruises’.

I am sure die-hard JWs are freaking out wondering what is happening.

I believe some of this is probably a reaction to what happened in Norway and maybe other changes will happen.. While it might keep some in, other JWs will be headed for the door anyway. Good riddance to it.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry
    recent (alleged) Bethel insider claims that the Org - or their lawyers, really - fully expect the Pedo Database to be exposed to the public, sooner rather than later.

We will see if Ted Jarez was on there, if so that will be the end the tower will fall

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh yeah, Ted's on there......along with Leo Greenless and Edward Chitty, and god-only-knows who else of the Higher-ups!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Every single decision they make is about money...continued revenue stream and keeping it.

The old guard cared what the followers looked like. New guard needs to keep the money coming so they can keep their jobs and real estate.

Also they want to play down the cult appearance as the court cases mount.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

One thing is for sure - these are “exciting times”!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit