Do You Believe Polls Saying Trump Will Lose To Biden?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So I guess Biden has to reach further down towards the bottom of the barrel for a capable VP.

Stacey Abrams name came up. Would you agree that's THE bottom?

Oh wait! She wouldn't apply to your statement. You said CAPABLE VP.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Stacey Abrams name came up. Would you agree that's THE bottom? Oh wait! She wouldn't apply to your statement. You said CAPABLE VP.

@DesirousOfChange ...

I don't know how to be politically correct on this. I really don't. Maybe this comment will get deleted.

But Abrams (who nearly became Governor of Georgia) is just too big. A big black woman. A very skilled person, a lawyer, but just too big for voters who just take an initial view of a person. Voters know that they may be voting for President the person in the VP position due to Biden's age. In this current environment, they are getting rid of Aunt Jemima. It's not me, it's just what's going on.

Keisha Lance Bottoms, Mayor of Atlanta, a black woman, another lawyer, a couple of years older, but is, IMO, a very attractive woman. Is she smarter, more intelligent or whatever, I don't know.

I guess I am just giving a male perspective in some cases but males vote too. Personally I don't care, but I just know that a more attractive person scores points, whether male or female.

• sir82
    sir82

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/white_house_watch_jul08

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds Biden earning 50% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Trump’s 40%. Six percent (6%) remain undecided.
    The survey of 1,500 Likely Voters was conducted July 5-7, 2020 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

When you lose Rasmussen by double-digits, well....yikes.

And as I've noted before, "50%" and above is the magic number. To win you've got to not only convince 100% of the undecideds but also change the minds of committed voters for the other guy.

Yes, I know the winner of the electoral college wins the presidency, but the overall polling reflects trends, and purple state polling results are similarly catastrophic for DJT.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub...I’m just shaking my head . She is “just too big”?? “A big black woman”.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Min ...

I'm just giving an opinion.

Do you think Kim Kardashian would have a show if she was not, well, shall we put it, visually viable?

Maybe "big black woman" was a bit harsh. Maybe thin boyish looking women (Elizabeth Warren) is not exactly what some people like to see, like it or not.

But face it, as we do with first ladies like Jackie Kennedy and Melania Trump, we do look.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Kim Kardashian has one of the "biggest" assets on the planet.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Kim Kardashian has one of the "biggest" assets on the planet.

@the girl next door ...

She's got a lot of assets. Depending on how you count things, definitely three of them, or four of them, depending if you count an ass a a singular asset or two separate cheeks.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

It is an entire continent.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It is an entire continent.

@the girl next door ...

That was good!

• sir82
    sir82

Electoral projections:

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/national/national-politics/new-july-2020-electoral-college-ratings

These moves alone push Biden over the 270 electoral vote threshold (to 279).
    Republican strategists we’ve spoken with this week think Trump is close to the point of no return. A couple of others wondered if Trump had reached his “Katrina” moment: a permanent loss of trust and faith of the majority of voters.
    In talking with strategists on both sides this last week, it’s also clear that Trump is dragging Republican congressional candidates with him as well.

Less than 4 months to the election, and Trump is either unwilling to or incapable of altering his approach to change the minds of voters not in his base.

To me, it looks like not only a Biden presidency, but also Democratic control of both chambers of congress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit