Do You Believe Polls Saying Trump Will Lose To Biden?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

It is definitely interesting times for sure.

I have a theory on leaders viewed through the lens of action versus reaction.

The pendulum swung far to one side with the election and 8 years of Obama. That may be what we saw contributing to the election of a completely oppositional president - manifesting in the form of Trump.

Whenever pendulums swing widely, it seems the next "requirement" is a "hero" to step forward. Then the pendulum stills itself at center.

Then given some time, the entire process begins again.

So far we dont know who could fill that "hero" role as far as I can see, do we?

It would need to be someone both highly polarized sides could see as having leadership potential, so that must mean that it will have to be someone who is a very conservative liberal or a very liberal-conservative. Someone young perhaps (like a JFK type?)

Another question for people sharper than myself....how will this be achieved?

Will it have to wait another 4 years through the election process and until then the pendulum unrest continues with each side jockeying for power?

Will it be through assassination thereby catapulting a Vice president into that "hero" role?

Will who Biden picks as VP play a role in that determination?

This is all starting to look like a big chess game.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Trump's interview with Chris Wallace was a disaster.

The best thing that Trump should have towards his reelection is Biden. But so far, Biden's handlers are keeping him locked down and out of public view. I think that is the only way they can keep Biden from putting his foot in his mouth repeatedly.

Action 4 Equality Scotland: Foot In Mouth

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The best thing that Trump should have towards his reelection is Biden. But so far, Biden's handlers are keeping him locked down and out of public view.

@DesiriousOfChange ...

Very true. As Mark Twain once said, "better to be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

When dealing with two fools, Biden's handlers should keep him in the basement. Just let Trump talk and tweet.

I could see Biden's handlers trying to skip any debates. Why debate with an arrogant baffoon? What is there to win?

Stay in the basement, take your medication, eat enough high fiber foods to stay regular, and keep your mouth shut.

• sir82
    sir82

Are you suggesting that claiming to "ace" a dementia test and being able to successfully tell an elephant from a camel might not reassure undecided voters of your mental acuity?

Who'da thunk it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Are you suggesting that claiming to "ace" a dementia test and being able to successfully tell an elephant from a camel might not reassure undecided voters of your mental acuity?

@sir82 ...

Sadly, with a country of 330,000,000 people, we are down to these two choices for our next "leader".

Biden needs time to concentrate on animal figures and Trump asks whether Finland is part of Russia.

Politics aside, in recent memory, if it were Obama, Romney, Bush the Younger, Al Gore, Clinton, Bush the Elder, Reagan, whoever. You may not always agree with their politics but at least there was a measure of intelligence and sanity. (I'm giving Bush the Younger the benefit of the doubt in this comment).

• sir82
    sir82

And team Trump's miserable ratings continue to drag down Senate races:

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/senate/senate-overview/almost-100-days-out-democrats-are-favored-take-back-senate

Almost 100 Days Out, Democrats Are Favored to Take Back the Senate
    “Something remarkable would have to happen for Republicans to still have control of the Senate after November,” remarked one GOP pollster. “It’s grim. There’s just so many places where Democrats either have the upper hand or are competitive in states that six months ago we wouldn’t have considered at risk.”
    July Ratings Changes:
    Arizona: Martha McSally (R) — Toss Up → Lean D
    Iowa: Joni Ernst (R) — Lean R → Toss Up
    Georgia: David Perdue (R) — Lean R → Toss Up
    Minnesota: Tina Smith (D) — Likely D → Solid D
    New Mexico: OPEN (Udall) — Likely D → Solid D

It is increasingly likely that Democrats will control the executive branch and both houses of Congress next year.

I continue to expect McConnell & co. to begin their retreat from Trump, most likely soon after Labor Day if things continue as they are. I.e., by my reckoning, team Trump has about 6 weeks to turn things around before the "abandon ship!" call is made.

• JWPrince
    JWPrince

Not a chance. Trump will easily win reelection.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Has anyone taken the pulse of RBG lately? How long could they keep her on life support?

We need at least one more Trump appointment!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Has anyone taken the pulse of RBG lately? How long could they keep her on life support?

@DoC ...

She's not going anywhere soon, at least until next year. Even if she keeled over in the next couple months, there would be no way that McConnell could go through the whole process of getting a new justice approved.

They pulled that trick on Obama when there was still a year left in his term. With only a few months and current political climate, it would not happen unless Trump wins in November.

Even if Trump wins, the Senate could go to the Dems and there is no way in hell they would vote for a very conservative Trumper.

• sir82
    sir82

Ah what the hey, I'll post this too.

Happy weekend everyone!

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/708658?unlock=XZMW5BGIJVUT6MJF

Republicans are inching closer to a political wipeout, losing complete control of power in Washington. The way things are going, the 2018 midterms may end up looking like a GOP high water mark.

Internal Republican divisions are also beginning to emerge, in ways that suggest the party is already looking ahead to a post-Trump future.
    This is the sign of a political death spiral. At this point, Republicans would be content to suffer through another blue-wave election, holding out hope the Senate could remain narrowly in Republican hands. Right now, Republicans are staring at the reality of a historic tsunami, wiping out all their avenues of power in a rebuke against a hapless president.
    And, yes, I know....the election is 3+ months away and "anything can happen". But eventually you run out of time from "it's still early".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit