Do You Believe Polls Saying Trump Will Lose To Biden?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Personally, I would say let Trump be Trump and let Biden be Biden.

Let Trump keep talking and tweeting and let Biden keep quiet and stay in his basement.

We will see who is more stupid in the end.

As Mark Twain once said, "Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove all Doubt."

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Do you think people will continue to vote for Biden if he doesn't do any campaigns? That's how Hillary lost, she thought she had "safe states" and didn't need to campaign. Biden is just cancelling all campaigning.

Biden's now up just 4 points, that's a far cry from 10+ safety a few weeks ago and we also need to recognize this is not a popularity contest, you need to flip entire states not just sample the majority in CA and NY.

Do you think the v-shaped recovery in both COVID and economy helps? Do people really believe that deaths are still increasing?

• sir82
    sir82

Wishful thinking:

Biden's now up just 4 points, that's a far cry from 10+ safety a few weeks ago

Reality, from Trump's favorite poll:

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds Biden earning 50% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Trump’s 40%.
    https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/white_house_watch_jul08

Wishful thinking:

you need to flip entire states not just sample the majority in CA and NY.

Reality:

• Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Nebraska’s 2nd district move from Toss Up to Lean Democrat.
    • Maine, once in Lean Democrat, moves to the safer Likely Democratic category.
    • Georgia has joined Arizona, North Carolina and Florida in the Toss Up column, although, at this point, Biden would be slightly favored to win at least Arizona and Florida.
    • Maine’s 2nd district has moved from Likely Republican to a more competitive Lean Republican.

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/national/national-politics/new-july-2020-electoral-college-ratings

Trumpists can fantasize all they want to, but (keeping in mind the election is 4 months away and a lot can happen in the interim) it's looking like a catastrophe for 45.

• JWPrince
    JWPrince

No way Trump can lose. If he does, the country will be destroyed. Biden can't even make his way from the basement to the kitchen table to drool into his oatmeal without needing a diaper change.

• sir82
    sir82

Wishful thinking:

No way Trump can lose.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Regrettably, I think if Trump loses, we ALL lose.

Markets will crash. Oil will soar. Bankers and 1%-ers will be the only winners

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Markets will crash. Oil will soar.

@DesirousOfChange .....

But at least if Uncle Joe does a fireside chat, he'll be smiling and won't be calling you a son-of-a-bitch.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There is a professor who has been predicting election results and has only failed twice, that is giving Trump a 91% chance of winning and I think he is on the money.

Notice they are now calling for Biden to not debate Trump. Why do you think this is? I've been saying that Trump will crush Biden on any debate. Biden is a terrible candidate and I can barely believe this is the candidate that Dems chose in order to try to beat Trump.

A few months ago, I actually thought that Trump would lose, but this spiral into identity politics and the ridiculous protests and the woke mobs, cancel culture, communist movements associated with the Left are giving Trump a pathway to victory.

The majority of Americans are not radical, right or left. Most are just left or right of center, and they will reject radical ideology. To be fair, most of the radical ideology that is actually getting traction in the establishment is within the Dem party.

I would go as far as saying that the Dem party is at a breaking point, and will probably start losing most elections. Even in my local elections for Mayor, I'm going to vote Republican (and i'm not Republican), because I'm afraid a Dem mayor would bow to the mobs about defunding police and other similar nonsense.

• sir82
    sir82
    There is a professor who has been predicting election results and has only failed twice, that is giving Trump a 91% chance of winning and I think he is on the money.

Link?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But at least if Uncle Joe does a fireside chat, he'll be smiling and won't be calling you a son-of-a-bitch.

I don't think Trump refers to ME as a SOB.

But I do know the Dems have referred to "Deplorables" and I think that was supposed to include people like me.

And when Sleepy Uncle Joe does that fireside chat, I hope his nursemaid (or Doctor Wife or sister -- he won't be sure which it is) is standing by to wipe the sputum off of his chin as he slobbers/drools while wondering about WTF he is. Maybe they can get him a Mr. Rogers sweater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit