I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Billy, do you prefer to have no one "watching your back"? I ask for NOTHING. I control NOTHING.

But I GIVE. Shall we run a roll-call and ask if anyone here has received freely from "Nathan Nut-ass"?

Did he send you books, or CDs, or DVDs all paid for OUT OF HIS POCKET? Did he help you complete a University Thesis? Did he assume the cost of "resurrecting" dead apostate reference materials?

I NEVER WAS, and NEVER WILL BE a "moderator" here.

Go ahead and sling your paranoid defamatory poop.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    With apologies to those on the board who have kinder natures than my own, I'm not buying S&Ls story. It sounds like a put up job to me and he digs himself in deeper with every post. If I'm wrong S&L, and only you know for sure, then my best advice, without a trace of sarcasm, is to seek mental health counseling--immediately. If you live in the UK you can probably get it free of charge. If that's not available to you, call a crisis hotline. In my opinion you need that before you need our help.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

S&L - pardon me, but, you claim in your intro post that you are not apostate, (in other words you still believe the WT to be God's only true Organization and all their teachings are correct) then, why oh why, would you come to an obviously apostate site to ask for advice and money?

• JRK
    JRK

Well you did take down the gofundme site. That is a good start. I probably may have reacted like some others here if you had not.

What I think we have here is a failure to communicate.

We need more information. We have had frauds here before you, and I am sure more in the future. So try not to get your panties in a bunch that people are skeptical.

You apparently have been coddled. A 3rd or more generation witness (they may be overlapping). I hate to break it to you, there are no "green handshakes" outside of the religion. Do not expect funding from us.

We will give you support. But first let us get to know you.

JK

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

What I think we have here is a failure to communicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

If you're in direstraits in the uk we have the citizens advice bureau in every town and city who provide free advice on any emergency housing needs, employment rights, legal advice and much more. They are literally a one-stop shop for anyone who needs advice about anything. They will point you in the right direction and help you contact anyone you need. (If you don't want to be disfellowshipped, ask if there's anyone who can help represent you legally at any judicial meetings. It's your human right to a family life and in time, if you're not dis'd your family can talk to you again!)

In order to be accepted as homeless you will require a letter from the owner of the property you are residing in saying that they no longer want you there. Take this to the council's housing dept. In the town/city where you live to start the process for emergency housing. Check their website for other documents you'll need to take.

Both the citizens advice and the government housing dept have websites. Google them.

"Shelter" are a charity and provide emergency shelter in uk. They have a website.

Go to your local government jobcentre and look on the boards for jobs with accomodation and also ask the staff.

Join exjwreddit website to get friends quick who understand and might be able to help you in uk.

Join social forums in your area and make friends.

Look up old school friends. You can search on facebook for them and meet up. You'll probably find they're already connected in one group.

If you lose your job, i think you can apply for an emergency grant from your local benefits office. I did that when i left but that was 20 years ago. Use the citizens advice bureau for all of your living needs and legal needs. That's what they're there for and it's free! They have a solicitor on duty. Whilst at the benefits office get info on what financial support you're entitled to.

Google your local food bank if you don't have money for food. Many community run places offer free meals on certain nights.

A lot of pubs and hotels have accomodation for staff that need it. You could apply for a job as a kitchen porter locally and say you need accomodation. Look into pub companies for manager training positions with accomodation. Gumtree is also another source for jobs that come with accomodation. So is craigslist. Trawl the internet for jobs with accomodation. If you live near countryside check any stately homes as they have live-in positions for general staff. If you fancy getting away from it all check out websites offering jobs in other countries. It's a bit late for ski season but summer season is coming. These jobs can come with accomodation. Temping agencies will have janitor jobs.

There's no need to panic. Be glad you live in a country that does all it can for people in need.

What i did is took 3 part-time jobs and went from no friends to loads of friends in a very short space of time. And people care! Especially when you open up... most will help you out willingly!

And if you are legit and recieve outside help, when you're back on your feet, pay it forward and help others. (You know, the worldly ones:) there's gonna be a mass exit of jw's from .u.k. if this Goddard inquiry is anything like the australian one and these people will need help too. (It's already started and i fear that the councilling services in uk need to start getting up to date on the psychological aspects of this niche group before it's too late. I don't want to see more lives being lost!)

Let us know how you get on.

Peace.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    You are in the UK, we have good safety nets here for people in need. Citizens advice is an excellent resource. I'm sending you a PM.
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Geeze people... You Dear Hearts.

In his SECOND post, he is asking for money.

In his fifth post, he is telling us that he had a position at the KHall.

Do you not remember the latest title for the guy at the podium on Sunday's? Holding a WT study?

S&L himself says just last year he was the "WatchtowerConductor". WRONG! He has said an old title, not the latest one. He is a PHONY.

This guy is trolling for your hard earned cash. He is a rip off artist.

He doesn't even know to toss out in his spiel, the correct terminology.

LL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW.Com "BloodHounds"..

........THERE IS SOMETHING ASKEW..

...Image result for Bloodhounds............Image result for internet fraud

• KateWild
    KateWild

Scared and Lonely,

I have just seen your post now and I can see you are in immanent danger of being disfellowshiped as you have already disagreed with doctrine openly, and you are regarded as an apostate.

I am in the UK too. Liverpool. You are not from my circuit I would recognise you. It's a real shame. Where in the UK are you? I gave up my career to pioneer and when I left WT I had no way to support myself.

I now work in the CAB, citizens advice, they will help you with housing, employment and benefits. Alliteratively I can help you personally. I will send you my phone number in a PM.

This is totally the reason I still post here to help ones like you.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit