I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

Is that the only constructive advice you have to offer Sparrowdown?

You have no idea what a huge life changing thing this is going to be for me. I will literally have nothing,

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    You will have your freedom. Welcome and calm down....
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You were an ELDER, but you don't even know how to care for YOURSELF.

Living in your parents' home, doing everything that Mommy and Daddy say.

By what right did you provide counsel to anyone, you man-child?

Move into a homeless shelter operated by a "wicked" Church of Xtiandom, or move under a bridge.

No sympathy for sad-sack castratos here, pal! Return to your VOMIT!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yep, pretty much.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi s&l...

Welcome.

May I ask your age?

You say you are an ex-elder and pioneer, so Im assuming you must be at least late 20's or 30's?

How are you still living at "home" with your parents?

This may be the very thing that makes you start your own real life...beginning with getting a job that is not linked to witnesses. Don't do anything rash.

Think things through carefully.

BUT most importantly, be a strong self-sufficient person. Hold your head high with dignity, and recognise your strengths and qualities that make you an asset in this world.

Are you a "people person" ? Find work in a customer service role. The years of being a pioneer must mean that you can talk to people.

Look for places to live.

Find groups of people who have similar hobbies etc.

Volunteer in community groups.

Keep your dignity and self-worth.

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

I don't think that this is the place for me. It was a mistake to come here.

You were an ELDER, but you don't even know how to care for YOURSELF.

Living in your parents' home, doing everything that Mommy and Daddy say.

By what right did you provide counsel to anyone, you man-child?

Move into a homeless shelter operated by a "wicked" Church of Xtiandom, or move under a bridge.

No sympathy for sad-sack castratos here, pal! Return to your VOMIT!

• Nameless
    Nameless
    scared and lonely, you will need to calm down to be able to think for a moment. The brother that hired you cleaning for him, is this a legal hire? I mean, do you get a paycheck where they take out taxes or is this an under the table thing? If he is your legal employer, you can't be fired for religious reasons, if you are in the US. Not sure if your outside the US. Also if they try to put the squeeze on you then document everything, that way you can show a discrimination if they try to terminate you. I won't lie, it will be scary and hard at first. You just gotta take a moment to batten down the hatches. At the moment you do have a place to stay and don't let anyone push you to disassociate. They can't force you to quit or disassociate and keep your feelings to yourself, don't tell anyone anything. Tell your parents your just having a hard time and just need to think things out. During that time plan what your going to do such as looking for a job or place to live. Unless they are kicking you out immediately, you still have options.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You are just not used to people being honest about their thoughts and feelings.

You are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy, people here will tell you what they really think, so be careful what you ask.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

S&L most people here are very supportive. That poster was very harsh.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think that this is the place for me. It was a mistake to come here.

People here are more than willing to extend sympathy and practical advice, but surely you realize how squiggy it looks if you ask for money on your 2nd post?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit