I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What a tough mob. In a way it may be good thing for S & L.

Who remember the movie "Good Morning Viet Nam" when R. William was speaking to

the guys in a convoy heading up north. He was asking their names and where they lived

in the states. They looked so young and so afraid, no idea what was ahead. He told them be careful

out there, what could be worst than that.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I loved Robin Williams.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have read through most of the posts on this thread.

While the poster Wing Commander may come across as angry, everything he says about what the religion has done is true. Some people have been more damaged by the religion than others...and their exit from the religion not smooth, in addition to lingering problems from the religion they have to deal with!

As far as the original poster, I am not sure what to think. If he is genuine, I wish him the best of luck!

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Go back to active topics S & L is back and sharing information.
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Yup, weird information.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Skiddadle And if you are legit and recieve outside help, when you're back on your feet, pay it forward and help others. (You know, the worldly ones:) there's gonna be a mass exit of jw's from .u.k. if this Goddard inquiry is anything like the australian one and these people will need help too. (It's already started and i fear that the councilling services in uk need to start getting up to date on the psychological aspects of this niche group before it's too late. I don't want to see more lives being lost!)

Thanks so much for your post Skiddadle...perfect advice for a UK resident.I fully agree with the above too...its really hard to find a therapist who understands in the UK at least. ( not to derail the thread)Do you really think there's a possibility idiots may get heavy with JWs?? I know vigilante stuff has happened in the past.

TO THE NUTASS I appreciate your an oldtimer who's seen people get done over ( but who's gonna get my money anyway?? Mr Tesco or Mr MacDonald's orMrs Karen Milan?? Let it go to the plebs I say!!) Anyway, what I wanted to say was we Brits ARE mollycoddled... Let alone a live at home JW dynasty Prince who became a young elder due to family. Surely you can visualize that? We never have to worry about money, health education hell even somewhere to live..its all free! Its true we don't have the stresses you guys have BUT neither do we have the drive to better ourselves NOR the rewards when we do. I apologize for calling you subhuman I appreciate you have helped exJWs for a long time. I think this guy has all the symptoms of being a typical JW British boy ( JW men ain't macho in the UK..the whole headship thing is a bit more hush hush over here)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Wingcommander Honestly, that whole whiny, begging for money on the first page is what instantly put me off about you. We've got Stephen Lett and the GB putting up videos on JW Broadcasting begging for more of our relatives and friends money, fleecing them of their hard-earned (because of being denied an education from these same bastards!), savings, any retirement or inheritance, etc.......and now YOU want some too????

Doh!! He's one of the guys being fleeced , unless of course he's a GB member...

• skin
    skin
    Where has S & L gone? I've enjoyed reading this tread...
  • FormerlySandL
    FormerlySandL

Where has S & L gone? I've enjoyed reading this tread...

why did you enjoy reading it?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I hope S & L hasn't gone.

I remember coming here when I first left JWdom and was really put off by some posters. "Brutal" is the word I have heard more than once to describe this forum but I believe on the whole we are fair and this is definitely one of the best if not the best pace to come but perhaps a thicker skin needs to be grown for some to fully appreciate what a great place this is. I could not live without it and I love you all.

If you are reading still S & L I too am in the UK.

A great place to get info is jwfacts.com

Please tell us of your progress

Amelia x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit