I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Hi S&L Things will work out. Maybe you will need to lay low for a little longer to get a plan and new job and accommodation.

You did the right thing coming here for advice. Don't worry about your mistake it will be forgotten.

Please post after work tomorrow and let us know how you are. You should accept Jookbeard's offer of meeting up for a chat. He's been around here a while, he's a good guy.

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely
    hey S&L seeing you are in the UK perhaps we could meet up, I live in London, I'll give you your cash personally! let me know the time

Why are you doing that?
    it took a lot of courage for me to visit this forum. After having it drummed into me for years about Avoiding apostasy to finally visit and post on a forum like this is a big deal.

I made a terrible error in my early post and I couldn't be more sorry and I put it right but your comments as well as the other sarcastic ones from other members are not helping.

Things are bad enough for me without comments from people like you who are supposed to be on my side.

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

You should accept Jookbeard's offer of meeting up for a chat. He's been around here a while, he's a good guy.

He wasn't being helpful ....he was being sarcastic and mocking the mistake that I made. Perhaps not quite such a good guy after all

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I don't know the financial situation in the UK, but... in Canada at least, getting a McJob is ridiculously easy. I highly doubt that going from janitorial services to a McJob will be much of a hit financially.

Be very careful with what you spend, if worse comes to worse you can very easily get a job as a cashier, as whatever... plenty of extremely easy to get jobs.

Look for places to rent. There might be some really cheap apartments that provide decent living. If you are just one person, finding someone that rents a room (as a part of a house) won't be that hard.

DON'T TELL ANYONE INSIDE THE CONGREGATION THAT YOU HAVE DOUBTS!

Be completely quiet about your doubts.

YOU WILL BE FINE.

Eventually you'll be able to get back on your feet.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Scared, I recommend you check out exjwreddit and I PROMISE you won't get the ignorant and nasty responses you got from Sparrowdownand that excuse for a human being Nathanutass I don't know what issues those two have but they obviously ain't getting any.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I live with my parents. I pioneered for years.
    I work for a brother cleaning offices.

Your first priority should be finding a job, a real one, not a "working for brothers" one. Spend your time working for your own benefit, not other people's and things quickly improve.

Once you have money then you can leave home, rent somewhere (cheap) and start a life. As others have noted, it doesn't cost anything to leave the WTS, it costs money to stay.

And no one can make new friends for you, you have to do that yourself. Join a club, go to a meet-up, heck - I've heard people put a sign on their table in a pub saying "new in town, no friends, please say hello to me!" and they got invited to join groups.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Cofty mate, read again jookbeards response I'm afraid he's letting the side down by playing to the worse in our Ape hierarchy loving social instincts by ganging up with who he sees as the major players or old timers to humiliate this newb.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Do you know for sure that you will be disfellowshipped? Or did you do something that warrants that according to the congregation?

If it's only doubts, I would suggest, as some already have, to keep them to yourself until you devise an exit plan.

Could you apply for welfare until you get on your feet?

If you can, tell us an approximate location of where you live. We can get in touch with some of the ex jw's in the UK that might know resources and agencies that will help you get a head start and get on your feet.

The reason some of us hear an alarm when money is asked is because there are been scammers in the past that have had less than sincere motives.

It's Ok to be scared and lonely, but this is only temporarary and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

For a guy who is an ALLEGEDLY desperate situation, scared and lonely, you seem to have no trouble falling back on your high and mighty Elder's attitude. Is this a reflex over which you have no control?

Like others here, I suspect you are a TROLL - a façade constructed by someone who has been here longer than you claim to be, with a tear-jerking sob-story that you built for your own amusement so you can stroke your ego about what fools these apostates be.

You will find apostate fools here, indeed, who will wring their hands and rend their outer garments in torment over the story you've constructed. Enjoy their company. You will probably find that when it comes down to the bottom line, your hand-wringing "friends" will suddenly find themselves "a bit short of cash" on a permanent basis.

You're unaccustomed to being talked back to, aren't you, Elder-Boy? You are one of the Watchtower's " great and shining ones," aren't you, Brother Failure? Fall on your knees and ask for Jehovah's Magic Spirit, you phony!

Reality can be a Harsh Mistress.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I still say there's something not right with this story !

A kid playing a prank to see if he can suck in some evil bad apostates and take their money as well. ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit