I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely
    S&L, after yesterdays bit of a giggle, and reinforced by Cofty and Besty I am a 100% bona fide exjw involved in my own bit of activism and who would 100% respect anyone confidentiality here or anywhere, so anyone here revealing anything of a sensitive nature could be rest assured that it would not go any further, the reason I ask I do have a contact in the cleaning business who pays £8/hr in the London area the only issue is the need for an CSCS health and safety certificate
    Thank you very much. A number of people have confirmed that you are one of the nice guys.

In hindsight, my stupid over dramatic first few posts deserved the abuse I got on the forum. I was an idiot and have come across so wrong. It has been a really stressful few months and I honestly think I have had a bit of a melt down.

This forum is helping me to put things into perspective and my future is looking a lot brighter.

That is a really kind offer and I am genuinely very grateful. I am outside of the London area (a lot further up the M1) and couldn't afford to move to London but I appreciate the gesture very much.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good morning scared and lonely

That is a really kind offer and I am genuinely very grateful. I am outside of the London area (a lot further up the M1) and couldn't afford to move to London but I appreciate the gesture very much.

it sounds like you are too far away from me to meet, but I wish you well. PM me if you want, and we can chat.

best wishes,
  • James Jack
    James Jack

What's funny about this story, I thought this was the story about a young Elder(28 years old), Pioneer Couple I know that lived in my Basement 5 years ago. Because he was a MTS Graduate and pretty sharp person and he was used pretty extensively in the Spanish Circuit. He also worked for me Part Time.

He later said some untruths about me to my current Elders and I fired him and told him to leave. Him and his wife moved to another area in Alabama where he became the Cobe and sub CO. Just heard a week ago that he lost his job, could not make ends meet, and left the Congregation to go live with his parents in North Carolina.

But when you said you are from the UK, I said "DAMN", I was hoping this story was about this "A..hole" couple.

This account about "S&L", mirrors their life in many ways, so I can believe it!

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

Hi Acts5v29

I am currently working my way through my PM's so will reply to you as soon as I can. Thank you so much :)

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    okey dokey
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm totally with Nathan Natas and Sparrow on this one: I'm floored that such a man-child as this was actually an appointed ELDER, out over other grown adults!

This is a fine example of what cult indoctrination and upbringing produces: A 28-yr old virgin who still lives in his parents basement and does janitorial work. Scrub toilets as a nobody by day, then at night throw on a cheap JC Penny suit and go Lord it over others as a some spiritual "Prince." Classic, just classic!

Why don't you go beg your WT Governing Body to help you out? After all, "Jehovah provides", as I'm sure you've told others as an Elder, right? They are your loving spiritual "family", so go forth, be warm and well fed and remember, even Jesus and the Apostle Paul didn't have a pillow to rest their heads!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

scared and lonely: If you can in fact validate your information through personal messages, not posts, with cofty, jookbeard, katewild, dozy or freddo, please do. Then ask them to come back to this thread and simply state if they do in fact trust you.

In terms of money, you may get help from charities and government organizations. However, if you are 1) male and 2) fit to work, and 3) single, money won't be a problem in a short time. Also, scripturally, you're Dad does not have the right to throw you out to the curb quickly. Tell him you need to find another job first, than leave. If he tries to force you out, don't hesitate to contact the elders and say loud and clear that your dad is not meeting up to his scriptural obligation. If they try to ignore you, go out to some of the JW friends you know and explain your situation. Yeah, I lost my JW friends to, but I know I have at least two that would have help me for a week or so - just to help me enough to find another work somewhere.

Trying to steal clients from your evil boss that fires you would not be a good idea. Don't mix religion and business. However, if you are a paid employee, report him to your local government authority, it is simply illigal to fire someone on religious grounds. Even better, call him up or visit him with a recorder. Have his confession on tap. Then, you will be able to take it much further.

Best wishes to you.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Hi S&L

It took me years before I signed up on this forum and posted anything, I didn't trust anyone especially these people for all I knew they where some JC committee set up in Brooklyn NY, somewhere in Bethel to out apostates. They ( bOrg) really screwed up my sense of reality. When I first came here, I was sure there was a lot of biased information dispensed by ravaged apostates and set upon myself the task of proving it lies. The deeper I dug the clearer it all became.I realized I was in a Cult.

Don't worry so much, my favorite quote from Mark Twain " I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened"

Thing will work out. Get some employment outside of any connection from the org and set a new course, take heart there not uncharted waters. There are many experiences on this forum very similar to yours. You are not alone.

One more thing, 'You were in a cult that has manipulated your life to this day, Now take back what is yours the rest of your life and dignity.

MC

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

I'm totally with Nathan Natas and Sparrow on this one: I'm floored that such a man-child as this was actually an appointed ELDER, out over other grown adults!

This is a fine example of what cult indoctrination and upbringing produces: A 28-yr old virgin who still lives in his parents basement and does janitorial work. Scrub toilets as a nobody by day, then at night throw on a cheap JC Penny suit and go Lord it over others as a some spiritual "Prince." Classic, just classic!

Why don't you go beg your WT Governing Body to help you out? After all, "Jehovah provides", as I'm sure you've told others as an Elder, right? They are your loving spiritual "family", so go forth, be warm and well fed and remember, even Jesus and the Apostle Paul didn't have a pillow to rest their heads!

So at this point I am in no mans land.

I am shunned by the organisation I am leaving.

Then I come hear to announce that I am leaving and get messages like yours.

I have held my hands up several times to apologise for my whiney over dramatic post and for the way I introduced myself to the forum. I deserved all the comments I received. I accept that.

What you have said has already been said. We have all moved on from my original post. Your post and bitterness was completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

People like you are reason i am so hesitant about revealing more information. I have no idea where your spite and nastiness would take things.

I have received messages from people who say that members like you spoil the forum for everybody else and you put people off trying to break free from the witnesses and seeking help from fellow ex JW's who have been through the same thing.

I honestly could not care less about your opinion of me but after what I have been through over the past few months I won't be put off by people like you and you ugly spitefulness.

I might not be in a good place but I am so glad that I haven't turned out as nasty as you.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

S&L

Don't focus so much on the negativity on this form, it's like anywhere else. The good, the bad and the ugly. Stay positive.

I'm in the US, but our journey's are similar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit