No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

I can’t help but think it’s really exciting right now, this “new light.” But as the months and years go by how can one not think “what was the point of all those hours over all those decades?”

we always said here either it stays with more control with small numbers or it becomes more mainstream to retain what it has.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just can't believe this!!! It can't sink in.

Every 6 month kick in the a$$ by a CO,,,the measuring stick and to guage someone ""spiritually"" was none other than their ''precious hours"".

From being appointed to MS or elders,,,to marry someone,,or being friends,,invited out,,,was always based on ones hours.

Just awestruck!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This is the death knell of the door-to-door service. It's over.

• St George of England
    St George of England

This is going to mess up the annual Service Year Report. They will have to miss off the "Total Number of Hours Spent in Field" statistic.

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I always thought the death knell of the door to door of FS was soon to be with the GDPR in parts of Europe.

Perhaps this is something to do with it.

The nail in the coffin to FS door to door.!

• Gorb
    Gorb

End of one of the control systems in this sect.

G.

• Ding
    Ding

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the rationale for the reporting requirements that they were necessary in order for the organization to conduct the witnessing work efficiently?

If so, either that was a lie or the GB no longer cares about witnessing efficiency.

• Ding
    Ding

On further thought, I would expect the organization to stress that this change doesn't mean there should be less field service.

I expect something like this: "Brothers, just because field service reporting requirements have changed doesn't mean we should flag in zeal. If anything, the amount of our door to door witnessing ministry should be increasing given that this may be the last chance for our family, co-workers, and neighbors to come into the truth before the fiery storm of Armageddon is upon us. If we truly love Jehovah and love our neighbors as ourselves..."

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh to be a fly on the wall of some former friends…

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    3 This statement is trustworthy: If a man is reaching out to be an overseer,a he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer should therefore be a man that has simply ticked a box to show he has done some sort of ministry during the past month...

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit