Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Did Obama ever figure out how many states are in the union! Also, important, he doesn't know the proper titles of officers in the military. They need to print everything out for him on the prompter or it's reality time. He reads well.

Mentally ill find a way to kill as we've seen numerous times with the use of knives and vehicles - poisonous gas, etc. If one isn't a political lifer and receive full time security they've no way to protect themselves or their property. The police are too busy - especially now since there's a shortage and a certain administration encouraged division and disrespect for those that protect and serve.

• Simon
    Simon
    And why is it misleading to show gun stats for the US as a whole? Gun owners can travel from state to state and gun ownership is defended vociferously under the Constitution, which applies to the entire country.

Because society and gun crime rates can vary dramatically. As shown, some places would top the charts if they were separate countries, other places would be absolutely bottom and some of the safest places on earth.

The problem in the US is not just about guns, it's about crime, drug addiction, economic and social wellbeing and yes, political rhetoric and sensationalized "end of the world" news reporting.

Anyone who tells you that it's solvable simply by "banning guns" has no place in the discussion as it's a non-starter and it's not a single issue.

Same goes for blaming video games - always a focus on that, never the number of shooters with no father and mind-altering drug prescriptions (for example).

These single-issue solutions are a sure sign that people are just after using an incident to push their political agenda without real regard to it being a proper solution or not.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Hey LV101

So if your family is in the MALL - and you have a choice of:

1. A lunatic is in the mall with an AXE.

2. A lunatic is in the mall with an AR-15.

Which would you choose?

Your comment about Obama is silly and insulting of anyone's intelligence.

Though I have to admit that Trump does "know all the best words"

• Simon
    Simon
    Mentally ill find a way to kill as we've seen numerous times with the use of knives and vehicles - poisonous gas, etc.

Again, I think this also is up there with blaming video games. You could claim that all mass shooters are by definition mentally ill - because they have done something "crazy" that clearly isn't "normal" or "sensible". But it doesn't get to the root cause, it just saves questioning things further (and stigmatizes those truly mentally ill, who are not a danger).

They may have mental issues, but how much is because of over prescription of mind altering drugs? How much is down to poor counselling or life advice (or complete lack of any social structure in their lives).

There's always a pattern - these little shits have always been psycho nutters for a long time, and they have escaped consequences for for previous bad behavior. It's rarely a real surprise at what they do.

The question is, how do you identify and deal with people like that sooner? Why do they sail through a government education system without a huge flag attached to them saying "shouldn't have a gun" or "keep an eye on this one"?

Anyone who thinks the solution is "background checks" needs to think about exactly what 'background' is being checked.

There are some "no-brainer" checks that you would imagine would automatically disqualify people from buying guns - being on a terrorist no-fly list for example, but all the dems voted against that one ...

• LV101
    LV101

Hey inwantoutnow -- we lived through 8 yrs of your Obama running the country into the ground -- now we're bullied physically and every other way possible - nice! It's sad what the standards are. Why don't you state the facts of your party not your personal preferences -- WOW - there's a concept. I'm liberal, too -- on many points. We should be learning about the best for all here not mad because our party didn't win or we stopped searching for good/fair journalism. Many of us have been and are independents or have supported democrats.

I think you're comment's are silly -- of course you do because you only care about the liberal views. My comments about Obama are facts. He created so many problems for the American people.

• LV101
    LV101

I shouldn't say "we're bullied" because I'm subject to change parties depending on the crazy going on.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember when I worked in the education consultant area regarding keeping children in school and out of prison. Our research showed that many children were on that road to prison before they even entered school. Many reasons, but it became apparent to us that intervention had to take place earlier than high school even before school. But that program was not funded by our state government, because the legislators are elected every 2 years and they felt that they had to have results in 2 years (so they would be re-elected) not wait until these children reached high school.

So this is a problem that requires a long-term view and solution and many people have to be on board to find an effective solution. Easier said than done. But we should not keep trying. Guns have their place and you do not have to be mentally ill to use them to kill others.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

IWantOutNow ...

In response to your question of which would my family and I prefer being in a mall with, a guy with an axe or an AR-15 ???

Obviously, based upon our Second Amendment rights, we would prefer the guy to have the AR-15 since the Constitution does not give us the right to "keep and bear axes."

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

The cities with the most shootings and killings have the strict gun laws and are pretty much run by the Democrats - that's a fact - along with the most disease-infested, homeless, populations, just another fact. These states need equal representation not this crazy ideologies nonsense from one party.

• Simon
    Simon
    Many reasons, but it became apparent to us that intervention had to take place earlier than high school even before school. But that program was not funded by our state government, because the legislators are elected every 2 years and they felt that they had to have results in 2 years (so they would be re-elected) not wait until these children reached high school.

Many things don't make sense, until you realize that many peoples political office and department budgets rely on problems being perpetuated.

The police don't want to prevent crime, they want to be hired to respond to it. Crime is an easy way to get votes - "we'll solve it, vote for us ... (and keep voting for our promises for 30 years !)"

Just like in business, people try to cheat and do the easiest thing to hit the KPI. Too many kids going to prison? Easy solution ... don't hold them accountable and let them off, thus solving the problem. Well, not really, but it has the stats nice for a politician to claim "I reduced ... by x%".

Not real solutions though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit