Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    Obviously, based upon our Second Amendment rights, we would prefer the guy to have the AR-15 since the Constitution does not give us the right to "keep and bear axes."

And that tells you all you need to know about the real problems in this country?

Lets amend the constitution again so it reflects 21st century issues.

• LV101
    LV101

No - it doesn't get to the root cause of these nuts out there -- I agree.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

LV101 - its not NUTS doing this.
    That is an oversimplification and usually not true.

It is people who believe so deeply in their cause that they are willing to kill or die for it. Many have been college educated, with jobs and families, that had pretty normal lives.

Suicide bombers are not nuts. They believe 100% in what they are doing is for god and that they will be rewarded.

People go to war and kill hundreds or thousands, not because they are nuts, but because they believe they are doing the right thing.

Until we come to grips with this, we will not get rid of terrorism of any stripe.

• LV101
    LV101

I was actually in the store when a crazy had a knife - we were warned and told to get behind the counter - which was very small. That was very scary. If one was armed and a shooter showed up at least you might have a chance. Perhaps the easy target Walmart should have had proper security to protect their customers - sure the crazy would have gone off on the innocent people but it could have been curtailed and many lives saved.

It's like shopping in Rio these days - people are robbed right in the malls, stores.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    Because society and gun crime rates can vary dramatically.

True, but these mass shootings don't just occur in Baltimore or Chicago, etc. They occur in places like Dayton, Ohio, Aurora, IL, Virginia Beach, VA, Annapolis, MD, Thousand Oaks, CA, and Parkland, FL. I could go on.

If gun control is immaterial, then gun deaths in the US should be around the same as in other developed nations. Instead, it is exponentially higher. Strict gun control is a key step to stopping the madness. Not the only step, but a significant one.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

LV I really don't get your comment?

By the way does anyone think a "crazy with a knife" would be able to do this?

The Dayton gunman killed 9 people by firing 41 shots in 30 seconds. A high-capacity rifle helped enable that speed

• Stealth
    Stealth

Sure, Trump bares some responsibility, not ALL and not NONE, but some responsibility that would be difficult to quantify. Words do matter.

I think Trump does bare 100% responsibility for rolling back Obama-era regulation that would add anyone receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses to be added to the national background check database.

Who thinks it's a good idea to have folks with enough mental illness to collect disability checks should be allowed easy access to guns? Not me!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    By the way does anyone think a "crazy with a knife" would be able to do this?
    The Dayton gunman killed 9 people by firing 41 shots in 30 seconds. A high-capacity rifle helped enable that speed

Exactly my point.

• Stealth
    Stealth

When President Clinton banned assault weapons and limit high-capacity magazines in 1994 there was a big drop in mass shooting deaths. When President Bush allowed the ban to expire, they rose again.

• LV101
    LV101

Do you have facts to back your statement up re/ole Horndog Clinton's ban on weapons. Evidence helps and is necessary not what certain news channels/google, etc., throw around. The conservative Congress had to shove the ole boy into welfare reform and balancing the budget so facts are needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit