Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Nope, the one who is to blame is the person who did the shooting - ding, ding, ding, we have a winner ladies and gentlemen!

• minimus
    minimus

Bottom line....there are many crazy people out there. What these mass killers do is insane! You can blame the Democrats or the Republicans or the Catholic Church or the parents, but ultimately it is the person who decides to do the evil deed that is responsible.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Semi-autos with high capacity magazines are weapons of mass destruction.

Their ubiquity plays the key role.

I feel the same way about Trump that Sam Harris does.

Does he play a role in mass shootings? perhaps a minuscule one

But they'll continue to happen long after he's out of office.

I personally believe that having another black president, for instance, will make the situation worse, not better.

• tiki
    tiki

This administration has given a big green light to hatred, racism and general bad manners. The "president" is not directly responsible for mass shootings...but indirectly fomenting a spirit of nasty. Additionally the government is in a position to tighten up firearm laws. That cannot in and of itself stop offenders from accessing weapons...but could slow it down and make it more challenging.

As long as $$$$ controls politics there will be problems. One big issue is that mental health care does not extend deep enough. Troubled people with skewed senses, guns, vitriol, and an audience....dangerous.

• LV101
    LV101

Let's blame President Trump for lack of mental health care -- any city the dems control is a horror story. President Trump barely scratches the surface (verbally) of the reality of what the progressives were doing to this country. Full scale corruption and mental illness live on the streets at its best. You can't make this stuff up -- full scale/living proof. No wonder the Republican party has picked up so many ex-Dems.

Many shootings and anti-white rhetoric under Obama's inept terms and since then society has decayed between the races. No respect for laws, police, military -- oh that's right -- it wasn't there to begin with.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If anyone believes that Trump is to blame for this then they have to accept other shootings as being the fault of other politicians, where they have much clearer and direct link with their rhetoric and someone's actions.

Simon ...

I really can't agree with that. Politicians do have an impact on people, and words (or lack of words) do matter.

Many of us grew up with hornets (big, nasty bees) that would form a big nest in a tree. Generally, if you would leave them alone they would not bother you. But one of the crazy things we would do as kids was was to throw stones are a nest if we found one. Basically the game was throw the stone at the nest and run like hell to avoid some nasty stings (and they DO sting). The hornets didn't really know who threw the stone but would go after anything that moved!

Most would agree that Trump throws stones ... a lot of them. The hornets get really pissed. Listen to the chants at his campaign rallies (most recently, "Send them back. send them back"). That's not normal. Not at all.

And then you have the idiot politicians and the NRA repeating that it's not the gun that kills the people, it's the shooter. Well, that makes as much sense as blaming the hornets for stinging when they get provoked.

There is plenty of blame to go around in all of these shootings over the years but Trump is providing that additional push for people standing on the ledge.

As least Trump can look at the bright side of it from his viewpoint that those killed who were "illegals" won't be crossing the border anymore.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

Obama is to blame for everything -- he pushed the envelope turning the country into a third world. He was scrambling for votes his 2nd term - what a joke.

• out4good4
    out4good4

This President couldn't even be bothered enough to remember or correct in his speech where the mass shootings took place. The whole episode came off as someone in a primary school learning how and being forced to read something they couldn't care less about. Nothing genuine or heartfelt about it......just words haphazardly pulled together and read off a teleprompter.

Toledo.

WTF.........

The GOP and the president has just about exhausted their blame list on who to divert responsibility of this mess to.

About the only person they haven't evoked as being responsible is Santa Clause.

• LauraV
    LauraV

The picture below is in an article by David Mikkelson from Snopes published yesterday, the pic is from the El Paso shooters Twitter feed, so yeah, I'm kinda getting the feel that ol' 45 had just a wee bit of a part of what happened this weekend. Maybe someone else can post the whole article and pic, I'm not tech savvy at all, I'm surprised I actually was able to get the picture to actually come out here, so anyone, pls post the whole thing.

• LV101
    LV101

I think many have gone over the edge re/the illegals. Who trusts Snopes! Might as well trust Olehil&horndogbill.

I remember the pic of the toys Obama gave to Mexico -- it's hard to imagine arming them up against the US citizens but maybe all the cocaine ole Obama did yrs. ago wasn't so good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit