Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

And Simon, Democrats, despite what you keep erroneously repeating, ARE for legal immigration

No they are not!

AOC the Democratic Congress women made that very clear in the hearings when she said anyone in the world seeking asylum does not have to go through legal means. The director of ICE revealed to the whole county watching the hearings that Democrats true motive is to let everyone cross the USA border illegally so they can control the votes in the presidential election. It backfired on them gloriously. After that hearing, the polls show that the Democratic Party lost a huge percentage of Democratic voters who were bordering on the fence. Even though they don’t like Trump, the idiocy of the Democratic Party, have forced them to switch sides and vote for Trump 2021

Here is the clip of the hearings showing Alexandra Cortez, a very dumb Democratic Congress woman, questioning a very smart person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kcv6PvILYY

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ Hahahahaha!

Gotta love AOC.

She's kinda cute and I think she believes she's right but facts win again over fee-fees.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Isn't it interesting how 'FOX and Friends' 'The Five' and other pro-Trump FOX supporters suddenly halted their attacks on minorities and their crossing the border ALL THIS WEEK right after the El Paso shooting? Not a peep of mentioned on border crossing or illegals or anything about immigration. Ah, how suddenly they get caught with their pants down and wish to pull them up while no one is watching. Hahaha

Yet they have the nerve to defend Trump and how Trump is all about unity blah, blah, blah. Seriously? Trump has been all about kicking the illegals out of the country. There are many people who come from other places as well that are also illegals and also stay and break the immigration laws not just south of the border.

The orange orangutan suddenly also stopped railing against the minorities and border crossings right after this shooting.

Coincidence?

No, because now everyone wants to feel sympathy for the minorities who were slain.

I like Trump for his handling of trade and the economy and how he's trying to keep criminals out of our country but I will not support him generalizing and lumping all immigrants as being violent offenders.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Road to nowhere..If dems want the border secured why do they want open borders.

Stop listening to right wing outlets for a couple days, just as an experiment. I have never heard any Democrat official saying they want open borders. That's a straw man concocted by talking heads. Even arguably the most vocal immigration advocate AOC says:

"I do think we have to have a secure border. We need to make sure people are , in fact, documented. But that doesn't mean we threaten people's lives."

If we just stop talking past each other and assume we know what the other believes, we'd find we agree more than not.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    There are many people who come from other places as well that are also illegals and also stay and break the immigration laws not just south of the border.

Yeah it's a good point. The Mexican border has become the poster child for illegal immigration, but there are many others that come in with visitor visas , student visas, etc, and then simply end up staying and never go back.

To be fair though, the answer is to enforce it across the board, but this is not easy, because the US has a hands-off policy once you are here, you get to stay. We really only enforce things at the border or within 100 miles of the border. To my mind, local police should be enforcing it as well, if it's a law. This is what happens in other countries.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Stop listening to right wing outlets for a couple days, just as an experiment. I have never heard any Democrat official saying they want open borders. That's a straw man concocted by talking heads. Even arguably the most vocal immigration advocate AOC says

Ok, but what exactly does that mean, because even i'm confused. You can't on one hand say "We don't want open borders", and then on the same breath cry and complain when authorities continue to apprehend illegals, saying that "these people are only coming to seek better lives". Well of course they are, and we should tell them to follow the right steps to do that.

Republicans do have a point here, where when Obama apprehended and deported twice as many illegals, there wasn't even a peep from democrats, but now as Trump is doing the same (much less actually), it's a national tragedy, which leads me to think this is mostly about politics.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here's some info from a left-leaning, Cortez-supporting media outlet, Huff Post:

Cortez wants to get rid of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

“Would you get rid of Homeland Security?” the interviewer asked.

“I think so. I think so,” Ocasio-Cortez responded

And what does DHS do?

Homeland Security, with over 200,000 employees, has a mission of

“preventing terrorism; securing our borders; enforcing immigration laws; securing cyberspace; and ensuring disaster response and resilience.”

So, does AOC really want secure borders?

Hmmm ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ocasio-cortez-department-homeland-security_n_5d267d65e4b0cfb596005238?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jb25zZW50LnlhaG9vLmNvbS9jb2xsZWN0Q29uc2VudD9zZXNzaW9uSWQ9M19jYy1zZXNzaW9uXzc3MDA5MTRjLTMwYjItNGQ2NC1iMWViLWIwMjdmYTE5ODk2MCZsYW5nPWVuLXVzJmlubGluZT1mYWxzZQ&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMAcx-swCYWBFI6KW3loBHRWRk58bm1sgtWVemSsAxVR49islV5APMEuyzv8rCJvewNoXYHo3fQ-Ccp95B0MeY8mYhxirgd3-toLglX6jl7Mh29RctKGLko-Sgh64Zr8hHo75SFb2q5HE75BdD5M5_4CHF8mVv0z0y3LLqarPgT3

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I believe in overlapping...AOC the Democratic Congress women made that very clear in the hearings when she said anyone in the world seeking asylum does not have to go through legal means. The director of ICE revealed to the whole county watching the hearings that Democrats true motive is to let everyone cross the USA border illegally so they can control the votes in the presidential election.

No, there is a proposal supported by a minority of Democrats to repeal Sect, 1325 of title 8 of US Code. That is a specific Act that 'criminalized' immigration other than through a designated port and labels them criminal allowing for prosecution and jailing. The advocates of this are not calling for open borders but rather a proper vetting, and/or deportation and legal documentation process. They see the law as having become abused by mass incarcerations in inadequate facilities. Whether you feel that proposal is a good one or not, it certainly doesn't not suggest they want open borders.

Here is a good review of Act 1325: https://www.history.com/news/illegal-border-crossing-usa-mexico-section-1325

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Should we put children with their families in open campuses with unvetted young males?

Remember the big earthquakes in Italy and other places? The relief effort was overwhelmed so people lived in tents or less for months. Same for the REAL refugees in the middle east and Africa

Nobody ever said to 8gnore the others who sneak in or overstay. But it is a fact that a predominate number come across the mexican border.

No one on here has proposed closing the border, vetting those already here and legalizing them. When I am dictator that is what I will do. LOL. And only people I like can have guns

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

"We don't want open borders", and then on the same breath cry and complain when authorities continue to apprehend illegals, saying that "these people are only coming to seek better lives". Well of course they are, and we should tell them to follow the right steps to do that.

There is no conflict in those statements. The issue is the way things are done. The majority of Americans were outraged by the handling of the situation. People who had not been an issue for anyone and had lives and family here were rounded up and detained. The detaining of refugees in unprepared facilities added more outrage. These were not necessary measures to ensure national security but political stunts or at best poor judgement. The optics were bad in the eyes of empathetic citizens and diminished our image in the world. Adding more case handlers and judges and focus on the issues in the nations where people are fleeing, would have been a better approach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit