Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cirrhosis of the Liver ?

• inbetween
    inbetween

We dont know, however, we must be careful not to assume too much.

The video, with him buying whiskey at a remote store certainly looked suspicious, but is in itself prove of nothing.

Personally I dont like that guy and his talks, however, it does not give me the right to slap all kind of other unsubstantiated accusations on him.

Claims like that backfire fast, and we are once again disgruntled ex members who lie whenever we see it fit.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Let's get this straight directly. As many have written already. You don't get removed from GB cause health issue. A guy that looks forward to unite with Jesus to Kill billions and is massive self-righteous, would never believe God would remove him from GB for health reason. I just think Morris wanted future of Org his ways and rest GB told him take the highway

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Two days ago, a reliable source, who has connections to personal acquiantances of AMIII told me the real reason: Health issues.

The thing is "health issues" really does cover a multitude of things, these days. Alcohol issues definitely comes under the rubric of "health issues". Even a clash of attitudes, if the GB decide to put the disagreement down to "stress"- and we know how good at compartmentalizing JWs are. Any perceived erratic behaviour can easily be attributed to "stress" and therefore be passed off as a health issue.

I still say that Anthony Morris is very likely a poorly controlled diabetic (and they are prone to do some very bizarre things...such as removing clothing etc). It's possible there was some inappropriate incident triggered by extremely low or high blood sugar. Now that's definitely health.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If it was health issues the announcement would be something like this.

"Due to health issues Anthony Morris can no longer take on the rigors and heavy responsibility that being a member of the GB entails. We thank brother Morris for his decades of self sacrifice and dedication to Jehovah's organization.

That would totally eliminate any speculation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought the announcement(tm) still referred to him as Brother(tm)?

The Governing body that have 'ill health' are generally still GovBod are not 'removed'

Curious.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It is never wise to wish ill of anyone, even enemies. What we do know is removed, and a well known insider. That has to be tippy toed around.

AM was, and is, a lightning rod. I can think of 2 other GB who stand out; conehead, and rubber face.

I remember bethelites coming home in disgrace over Franz, we didnt listen to them then, pimi will not now

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    inbetween - “…we must be careful not to assume too much…”

Aw, c’mon… where’s the fun in that? 😁

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I know I thought this and am too lazy to read this whole thread to see if I wrote what I thought. I think they referred to him as " brother" so as to not ruffle too many feathers about his removal. They didn't want to go so far as to say Tony M is no longer a jw...that would really draw negative attention. If whatever was done was bad enough to be removed from his God appointed position then it must be disfellowship worthy. Things will settle down and Bro. Morris will end up being no longer a JW--something that won't be reported on the JW news, but kept local. That is my take. Raymond Franz was allowed to leave being a brother but was later df for having a meal with his employer.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I just don't understand why they removed it. It was short, to the point, and innocuous. If they had to make a statement (and I think this is an event that required it), then that was the best that you could expect. Taking it down doesn't make sense to me. That was only going to stir up more rumors and gossip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit