Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• mikronboy
  • Rivergang
    Rivergang

Bloody hell!

So much commentary based on precious little in the way of facts.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

That does not apply in every instance. I served as an elder So you can stop serving without everyone thinking you no longer qualify.

That doesn’t apply to gb members. For an elder, i’ve already explained that he is going to meetings anyway. And giving parts in the school etc. so being an elder is not out of the way. An elder is not removed for health or old age. That can be used as a pretext but there is an underlying reason family concerns is also a pretext. You think that people view you the same. They don’t. They suspect an underlying cause, some spiritual flaw, for example like your loss of faith. As long as you qualify you are not pressured to resign. If your qualifications are in check, they tell you to step aside. I don’t believe an elder with an excuse he has health problems or family problems because he can still hold on to the title with those issues —unless he can’t come to meetings etc. In which case they will pressure him to leave so he will step down beforehand this like you did. But if you come to meetings and stay active and you step down or removed people believe there is something wrong with you. Maybe you are hiding something?

With the gb, they would let the man keep the title even if he was in hospice. If he is still working in Bethel, no excuse to resign as gb because you can also work as a gb —unless you don’t qualify as a gb. In every case elder or gb there is an underlying spiritual disqualification at the very least if not some wrong conduct.

• New day
    New day

Fisherman, don’t assume that you know everything. I did give family responsibilities as a reason and I was believed. I was still going to meetings etc. I was not pressurized to step down. Let people think what they like. That’s up to them. You have a very negative attitude. Lighten up a bit! How do you know what people think of me? You know nothing about me, my life, the congregations I have been in, and yet you assume you know how people in my life and area feel about me. Don’t make generalizations. I work in education and I always tell my students not to make sweeping statements as they are often incorrect.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Mikronboy

CAPTION:

Weeks of practice and turning up to his judicial committee in 6" silver heels, didn't prove to be the solution Anthony Morris lll hoped it would be...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fisher one An elder is not removed for health or old age.

Fisherman I know this used to be the case. Many other people have said the same thing you have.

However unless I'm going barmy - and can anyone help me out here - I was sure a couple of years ago they put some age cap on being an elder??? It was like 75 or something? Same for COs?

I'm seeing so many elders say what you're saying Fisherman. That age or even infirmity isn't a bar to be an elder and certainly not a GB (well we know Freddie remained even as he really deteriorated). But I was sure that they made that announcement about age restrictions for elders....???

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I remember an age cap for Circuit Overseers..

Wasn't it at the same time District Overseers were phased out?

And near the time of the Great Layoffs at Bethel?

My tentative thesis is that it was to thin the ranks of bloated upper management. It was a money saving slimdown.

They are having trouble keeping elders, so I don't think they had a reason to limit elders' ages.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Great Teacher I remember an age cap for Circuit Overseers..
    Wasn't it at the same time District Overseers were phased out?
    And near the time of the Great Layoffs at Bethel?

Yes it was. Ah ..that makes sense. I was confused because I certainly know elders of advanced age and as you say, given the shortage, it would be bonkers for them to delete experienced elders because they hit a particular number.

Fisherman I do agree with you that GB members are most certainly different. Even if Ant Mo was terminally ill and had weeks to live, they would allow him to remain in name only if need be. What Jesus has yolked together let no man pull assunder and all that.

Either there has been a major disagreement and Ant Mo has stepped down of his own volition. Or he has been removed due to no longer being qualified. They probably brought the new guys in as the deciding votes. Perhaps the 'old' GB felt too personally involved to make a balanced decision?

Either way it's obvious they need to contain him. Stripping him of his elderhood, or even disfellowshipping him, firstly condemns their friend to 'death' in their minds. Secondly such a move was disastrous in Ray Franz case. Remember Franz only resigned at first and initially was content to remain a JW. Only the public humiliation and DF him drove him to write his book.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I don't think the other hienas will resist the urge to humiliate the bully that fell off the "slave" position...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

How do you know what people think of me?

How can you say that if you were really an elder—let alone a JW. Everybody knows that an elder that is deleted for whatever excuse is disrespected period—pretend as you wish. Anybody that was an elder or a jw agrees with me. Either you are fooling yourself or never was a JW. When you stop being sn elder you are back to being a pawn and you are not respected. Any façade of respect from the cong is a pretense. You will hear remarks from those you slighted now that you are on the same level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit