Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

I’m amazed it was announced Wednesday morning and now it’s Friday still nothing has been leaked.

There must be many in Bethel NY who know at least a bit of the reasons and we know these things spread like wildfire.

Someone tells their mum in congregation back home. She tells old gossip sister who is overheard on phone.

Come me on already, how come no new info last two days?

by the weekend we should know if someone from his congregation leaks, I would guess some curious folks may even visit that particular cong this weekend 😉

I really want to know

is he still anointed? If not then-

is he still an elder? If not then-

is he still an exemplary publisher? If not then-

is he still a publisher? If not then-

is he still a JW? If not then-

is he apostate? If so, he will be a hero and can do a lot of good and save a lot of people 😀

if he write a book he will be the next Ray Franz

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

@bartolomeo Si

• punkofnice
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    StephenLaLiberte He was very judgmental in his way of teaching and perhaps he hit a point where he could no longer rationalize some of the things he's seen and thus, started to judge his own group, religion, including himself. This has happened to many zealots in the past, why not AM3?

That's a very good point. Thank you. Of course Paul of the New Testament is the classic example.

What brought this to mind was something else JT mentioned and that was that for the GB to make a change on an issue, it used to be they only had to have a majority vote (can't remember the percentage). However now apparently they all have to be in absolute agreement. No dissenters or abstainers.
    So I wondered if he resigned because he couldn't or wouldn't agree with the others?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    This is the furthest from being christian.
    If we claim someone "not redeemable", than we are no better then they are. That being said, it doesn't mean we'd need to become friends with the guy and assume he is magically a good person if he ever chose to leave the JW. All I'm saying is that we'd need to give the guy a chance at redemption.

I didn't mean "not redeemable" in a Christian sense; that sense is lost in me, since I'm not a believer, and who am I to judge life and death, anyway? I meant that I don't think he had a change of heart and attitude of such magnitude that he would become palatable for the exJW crowd, thus "redeemable" in a Hollywood comeback fashion, if you will.

I have a feeling that we're not seeing someone who suddenly comes out as a dissident; rather, we see someone whose personal shortcomings and inner ghosts finally caught up with him, in a position where such shortcomings are prone to be weaponized by zealots and hypocrites. Even his position of power couldn't save him.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

A common theme I’m hearing. His DIL turned him in. For been intoxicated ass at a family event. I think there would be little doubt in the xjw community that Tony is a raging Alcoholic.

His alcoholism along with his mouth is what hung him in the end. I’m kind of surprised that he wasn’t removed, when the bottle gate video was starting. Im guessing that was the point where they realised he was becoming a liability to them, but of course he was too high up the ranks to do anything, well at least publicly anyway.

The interesting part is how they handle this with the least amount of damage. If he was just a rank and file member, I’m sure he would have been DFed years ago. He also knows the inner workings at the highest level, so he could do them an immense amount of damage. Do they DF and throw him out on the street, and risk a back lash. I think the easier option would be to give him a severance package, with a confidentiality agreement, a letter of recommendation to his new congregation on the other side of the country, and hope the problem goes away.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I thought he was buying liquor for the group when I saw the bottlegate video. I figured they kept a fridge stocked with some drinks for long meetings. It didn't occur to me that he was buying all of it for himself!

• Gorb
    Gorb

I read somewere he is financial independent, due to family capital.

Expect he will find a place to retreat, and will stay under the radar.

G.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Gorb - greed is a funny thing. It’s never satisfied and you always want more.

• wozza
    wozza

llubrevlis2000-said " is he apostate? If so, he will be a hero and can do a lot of good and save a lot of people 😀"

Well I put up my hand up now to say that viewing TOMO as a hero would be presumptuous and foolish ,being part of a disgustingly hurtful group of egotistical false prophets this has not proved to be a decent human being let alone a follower of the bible Jesus.

Would it not be silly at this time not even knowing what's going on ,to start claiming how he would be viewed as a hero if he went "apostate".

At the moment I will regard him the same as an elder in my old congregation ,also an alchoholic (even at the meetings one could smell the booze) where the elder body did not discipline him till it was too late . People caught him molesting children at a public toilet .The witnesses tried to hide his lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit