Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• vienne
    vienne

Articles that were verifiably his were the lengthy article on chronology, article on overseers. They are omited or rewriten for Insight. If you say I'm wrong, prove it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Your original claim was:

When the Aid book was reissued as Insight, all of Franz's articles were omitted.

Now you say:

Articles that were verifiably his were the lengthy article on chronology, article on overseers. They are omited or rewriten for Insight.

The Aid articles on “chronology” and “overseers” were retained in the Insight volumes. Anyone can check for themselves that they are not “omitted” (your first claim) and that minor revisions were common in the Insight books compared with the Aid book.

People who know about the history of the Raymond Franz and the Watchtower know that the remarkable thing is that Watchtower continued to rely on the material Raymond Franz wrote to support Watchtower chronology even after he himself no longer believed it. It is because this fact is so well known that multiple readers of this thread picked you up on your inaccuracy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - “…the remarkable thing is that Watchtower continued to rely on the material Raymond Franz wrote to support Watchtower chronology even after he himself no longer believed it.”

LOL I hadn’t even realized that, but it’s true!

“Remarkable” is the word for it.

😄

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Excuse Me!...Excuse Me! Back to the topic of this thread regarding Tony Morris' deletion as GB member.

Day after tomorrow is Monday April the Turd (get it 😂)! Anyway...March's JW Broadcast said zilch, nada about Tony's removal...will the GB remain silent or will they address the elephant 🐘 in the room? What da ya think...any ideas or guesses?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It certainly looks like the intention is not to say anything about it. Even if they were inclined to say something, their cautious nature might inhibit them from naming AMIII in any comments in case it provides scope for litigation. The closest we might come are generalised segments relating to particular sins or about coping with disappointment when appointment men let the congregation down.

To find out what happened we really need leaks from people in the know or from AMIII himself. It is possible that very few people actually know the details, such as his close family and the GB members, which I guess might explain why it’s taking so long to come out.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

vienne:

Articles that were verifiably his were the lengthy article on chronology, article on overseers. They are omited or rewriten for Insight.

Though there are some significant alterations to the versions of the Chronology articles in Aid and Insight, there is no evidence that 'those are the bits Franz wrote' (or that the remaining parts are the bits he didn't write). Most of the omissions relate to weak apologetics that raise more questions than they resolve (especially inconvenient after the publication of The Gentile Times Reconsidered), as well as material that is already covered in other articles such as 'Persians', or that was too outdated by the time Insight was written.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Today a POMO friend of mine told me that all of the articles which mentioned Tony Morris and all of the video talks of Tony Morris are no longer on the WT's website. My friend also told me that a group photo of governing body members which had previously shown Tony no longer shows him in the photo. Is that information from my friend correct? The last time I checked the WT's website I saw working links to an article about his life story and to videos of some of his talks.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I thought the entire article main Aid book article on Chronology was written by Raymond Franz. I thought Raymond said he wrote it.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=morris&link=%2Fresults%2FE%2Fvideos%3Fsort%3Drel%26q%3Dmorris

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

vienne, I have bad news and I have good news.

Bad news, you stated that "Some books were quietly dropped as quickly as possible." There is only one book which is not to be found in the app or .org, and that is the Commentary on the Book of James, which by the way was not a Franz but a Dunlap product. Even the Ezechiel book with its comment that the work is to be completed within the end of the 20th century, is there.

But I also have good news. I have just completed reading the "Separate Identity", volume I, and it was a very interesting and refreshing book. Although somewhat difficult to follow at times for a European not too familiar with the various American groups of the 19th century, it was - to quote myself - a very good book. I have ordered volume II from amazon.co.uk where it is far cheaper than at amazon.com, and look forward to receive it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit