Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Samcats: If there is no God, tell me something that isn't a colossal waste

The things I value now are relevant to me, and the things I accomplish might be relevant to others for some time in the future. We accept "temporary value" all the time. Depending on how we define it, the sum total of human existence was a colossal waste even if God exists.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Ozziepost - The truth is that there never was a governing body.

Nor a pope, for that matter - until they invented one. Nor "door to door preaching", until retrospectively the WT decided that the early Christians did so; nor unity of purpose between Paul and the other apostles etc etc etc ... Christianity is a religion about the mythical "Christ", not about the teachings of the historical Yeoshua.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Another problem they have is the removal of elders or GB members. Bible teaches a person has to reach out for privileges. 1 Timothy 3-13 This statement is trustworthy: If a man is reaching out to be an overseer,a he is desirous of a fine work. Watchtower taught for decades that person was chosen by God ( could be some tactic to make person feel important when he got a privilege). Problem now is that watchtower can not really remove elders or GB members as they want. Cause they were chosen by God and not organisation. Catch 22 😊

• Ding
    Ding

In Watchtowerland, only the latest "truth" matters.

JWs quickly forget the past.

It never happened, or it's been distorted by evil apostates...

Nothing to see here... move along...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve done a bit of research to discover which committees Governing Body members served in before and during their time on the Governing Body. So far as I can make out these are the details (some names appear twice because they served on more than one committee, but many apparently remained on one committee the whole time. Karl Klein specifically mentions being moved from the Service department to the Writing department, apparently an unusual move):

Service Committee - Stephen Lett, Samuel Herd, David Splane, Mark Sanderson, Gage Fleegle, Gerrit Lösch, Martin Poetzinger, Carey Barber, Karl Klein, Theodore Jaracz, William Jackson, Thomas Sullivan

Teaching Committee - Stephen Lett, Albert Schroeder, John Booth

Personnel Committee - Guy Pierce, Jeffrey Winder, Daniel Sydlik, Charles Fekel

Writing Department - David Splane, Kenneth Cook, Geoffrey Jackson, Jack Barr, Karl Klein, Lloyd Barry, Raymond Franz

Publishing Committee - William Jackson

Coordinators’ Committee - ?

I didn’t find any who were clearly from the Coordinators’ committee, the committee that deals with legal challenges, disasters, and persecution. Maybe Mark Sanderson is on that?

I didn’t find clear committees for the following GB members:

Grant Suiter, Nathan Knorr, Lyman Swingle, Milton Henschel, John Groh, George Gangas, Leo Greenlees, Ewart Chitty, John Groh

But from the incomplete information it does appear that the majority of GB members have been associated with the Service committee. I think there is plausible circumstantial evidence to suggest that Theodore Jaracz played a role in bringing Martin Poetzinger, Gerrit Lösch, Samuel Herd, Stephen Lett and David Splane onto the GB and into the Service department and that it was his power base.

Incidentally, which department was Anthony Morris III in? I was assuming it was the Service department, but now I’m not sure.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Slimboy, here is what he says in his life story:

I worked in the Service Department

TOH
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

And by the way, Grant Suiter was in Publishing

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Aha, thanks!

It’s quite remarkable that GB members are clustered in the Service department.

Of those still alive that’s: Stephen Lett, Samuel Herd, David Splane, Mark Sanderson, Gerrit Lösch, Gage Fleegle, and Anthony Morris III (recently removed)

Of recent additions, Kenneth Cook and Jeffrey Winder are in the Writing and Personnel departments respectively, and Gage Fleegle in the Service department.

Has there been a slight move away from the Service department since Jaracz died in 2010?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Greenlees - teaching

James 3,1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive heavier judgment

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah they treated things like cooperation. Misused bible texts too start congregations fast. Get people appointed. Now org is crisis and new to rebrand itself as loving and caring. A softer touch. But all the hardliners with appointments still have many years to go. Even If they older, they probably can have their appointments for 15-20. more years. Organisation need changes fast. Maeby they making a example with Tony Morris. That anyone can be removed. But many elders believe God put them in the position they are. They maeby put up a fight and Join the ranks of the apostates😊

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit