Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

spoke with a JW friend who lives states away...she didn't know about Tony...It's like I wonder what he did! She also said that Jehovah cleaned out the organization once before and he would do it again. I did get around to telling her the ones who got cleaned out ( because I knew she was referring the Raymond Franz and others along about that time) were ones who were doing personal Bible study and found things that didn't go along with what was published in the WT, so they got the boot. I also told her about the elders going to be questioned in PA as to CSA and she was happy about that. ...all that being said the mental disconnect is in place.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Can an old dog be taught new tricks? Therein lies part of the problem with any good coming out of this Organization/Religion.

The WTBTS Bible version of Ephesians 6:4 mistakenly encouraged raising children by way of 'Mental Regulating' for many decades. It wasn't until just recently, in the 2013 RNWT Bible that 'Mental Regulating' was (in a very quiet manner) replaced with a more loving approach...'Admonition'.

Every WT leadership member...from the GB down to GB Helpers was brought up through the ranks brainwashed, heavily indoctrinated and diseased with this 'Mental Regulating' mindset of the WTBTS.

For that reason alone I see no good coming out of this cult's new leadership for a long time to come!

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

"I didn’t find clear committees for the following GB members:

Grant Suiter, Nathan Knorr, Lyman Swingle, Milton Henschel, John Groh, George Gangas, Leo Greenlees, Ewart Chitty, John Groh"

Suiter - publishing, personnel

Knorr - teaching

Swingle - writing (coordinator, was replaced by Barry after the Ray Franz incident)

Henschel - publishing

John Groh died before the committee system began in 1976

Gangas - personnel

Greenless - teaching

Chitty - writing

• Not Jacob
    Not Jacob

Has the midweek meeting been held yet or is that tonight? Was interested to hear if there were any follow-up announcements.

Sad that the R&F have NO IDEA this is going on

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Sad that the R&F have NO IDEA this is going on

As usual those that do, do and those that don’t, don’t. As when someone
    gets sanctioned inside the cong for wrongdoing or for not measuring up or being irrepressible, the real reason gets out because people gossip.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant
    This is just a hearsay, but during family gatherings has AM3 been very drunk and acting very improperly to one of his daughtesr in law.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    She also said that Jehovah cleaned out the organization once before and he would do it again.

Let's be perfectly honest here: Getting rid of AM3 is actually a good thing for JWs. He was among those we quoted the most to demonstrate how bad the governing body was. So JWs are better off without him and for the right reasons too.

I guess the only "bad" thing about this is their total lack of transparency. Why was he removed? Where is he now? Did they give him a severance package? What was the process followed for taking an action like this? No body knows.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • Not Jacob:

"Has the midweek meeting been held yet or is that tonight? Was interested to hear if there were any follow-up announcements.

Sad that the R&F have NO IDEA this is going on."

Because that's just the control the Borg has over it's sheeple. They are so controlled to listen and hold their ears to the ground of only what the borg is spewing.

That's the problem with censorship. It curtails humans from knowing facts which they are entitled to. Which the borg has nailed down to perfection.

I don't know if you watch the telltale channel on youtube. Owen sometimes touches on this how he despises 'censorship'. Great channel.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Nostromo, for the additional information.

Even for Jehovah’s Witnesses, not explaining the reason for the removal of a member of the Governing Body smacks of controlling and secretive behaviour.

I suppose they could argue that the reason for the removal of elders is not announced either. But Governing Body members are treated like fonts of wisdom because they constitute the faithful slave, not as any other elder. How can ordinary JWs be expected to devote such attention to Governing Body members on the one hand, and on the other hand be offered no explanation for the sudden removal of one of the members? Even the short announcement has now been removed from the website. I can imagine some JWs, who didn’t see the announcement, are now in the position of not really knowing whether to believe that he has been removed because there is no official mention of it. They may infer it is true that he has been removed by his absence on the GB page, but why are they leaving ordinary JWs in the position of having to draw that inference?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Was interested to hear if there were any follow-up announcements.

Not Jacob- there was no announcement and I don't believe there ever will be. As been said by other the R & F are absolutely clueless.

This is conversation I had with someone:

me: Did you hear what happened to bro morris?

him: no-what happened?

me: bro morris is no longer on the gb

him: maybe its too much for him. I noticed in the last talks he looked stressed out .

me: yeah , he was slurring too

him: I pray he will be ok. he is getting up in years.

Most witnesses have their heads in the sand. No one is batting an eye at this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit