Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Slim

Two weeks on and still no real information on what happened. Strange!

Thanks for keeping us on track.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I wonder how many are getting hush money! Somebody knows something.

• wozza
    wozza

I think someone at bethel America is doing an excellent job at keeping the AM 111 news discreet now after some one let the cat out of the bag. Due credit to where it belongs.

However, I think the ExJW community deserves due credit as well for ,if you think about it ,bethel would not have done what they have done, and the way they did it ,unless they are running scared of the ExJW ;s who have seen thru the WTS and exposed how it operates to the world and the JW's themselves . The WT leaders have lost their power in this regard and must be so irritated at how speedily news gets out to the world by people who used to be controlled by them.

When I became a JW the governing body played the "discreet" role and hardly any witness knew who they were ,but these players today became a sad American pantomime.

• Listener
    Listener

Surely this is another example that makes a nonsense of their claimed anointed arrangement.

Supposedly they only have to remain faithful in order to retain their anointing However, if they lose Jehovah's favour, they are no longer anointed but once they regain it, they are anointed again.

If Morris was drunk many times, surely he lost his favour but since it looks like he has been removed as a GB because he has been doing something, then again, it must go hand in hand that he has also lost Jehovah's favour.

Since these dudes are supposed to know, beyond doubt, that they have the anointing, then they would also know that they have lost this anointing whilst they are sinning.

This would mean that Morris was acting in the role of GB when he fully new he was not entitled to do so. Surely masquerading as an anointed before millions would be far more serious than the sin.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Ripper post Listener

jtg

• Rijk
    Rijk

Many ex-JW and most JW received the mRNA booster.

They won't look in that direction. But it is becoming increasingly known worldwide that the mRNA boosters are life-threatening.

That alone is proof that Almighty God Jehovah has nothing to do with the Golden Calf. Brothers and sisters worship the Golden Calf, that too has become clearer. The Golden Calf is dragging Jehovah's Name through the mud. Perhaps the time has come for the Golden Calf to be overthrown. By Jehovah and/or Jesus.

Putting Antony Morris III out of sight has been very striking but actually predictable.

Or many witnesses leave the Golden Calf because they have lost their partner, brothers and sisters, family members and friends or have been damaged by an mRNA shot.

Elders need to think carefully.

1172 elders received the information: https://jehovah.nu/letter2022.pdf

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

So, let's just summarise here. There have been well over 400 posts against this topic but only one fact.

The only fact we know is the very short announcement 'Brother Anthony Morris III is no longer serving as a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.'

Speculation, not known facts at this point;

1. He was pushed out. No evidence.
    2. He'd had enough and so just stood down. No evidence.
    3. He's an alcoholic. Yes, he was seen purchasing whisky but why we don't know and to simply imply he is an alcoholic wouldn't stand up in a court of law.
    4. He's ill. No evidence for that. Even if he were to die in the next few months, this in itself wouldn't make this the reason he stood down/was removed.
    5. He's a lose cannon on the GB. No proof of that. No flies on the wall here I guess.
    6. He's an apostate. No facts one way or the other.
    7. There is pressure on him because of some involvement with CSA cases, i.e. in covering them up. No evidence to my knowledge, certainly it doesn't appear he has been named in any specific cases against the Watchtower Society.

So, we are in the totally in the dark and all we are left with is the brief announcement. Maybe things will be so hushed up by those at the top that we will never find out.

Many here, myself included, don't have time for the guy but that in itself doesn't make any of speculation above any more factual.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The big question is ....Is he still a JW ? , DA ? DF ? or none of the above.

Maybe a PIMO ?.....POMO ?

I guess we will just have to wait and see,?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Rijk: The Golden Calf is dragging Jehovah's Name through the mud.

Jehovah trashed his own name when he murdered innocent children. Several times. There's nothing the WT or any other Christian denomination could do to make his record any worse.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

There once was a man named Morris

Whose sermons could be somewhat laborious

He spoke of God's will

But folks talked of him ill

For his love of those infamous tight pants so notorious.

or maybe -

There once was a man named Morris

Whose position in power was porous

He spoke out of turn

And made many a spurn

Till he was removed, his influence no more is

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit