Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org.

by Wasanelder Once 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

as a child l realized they were false prophets making predictions that harmageddon was coming in 1975.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sorry I just found this thread, now.

Well, how can I put it. It was a couple of things back in the 1990s. The fall of the communist block which negated the whole ''king of the north'' drivel and then the 1995 generation flip flop. That generation flip flop was a turning point. I wondered if they changed generation, then what else could the ''Society'' have changed. I wondered how many other things have they made up. Well, my ''suspicion'' was just that. That they have been making things up probably ''all along''.

Especially after my completion of reading the relaunch of the late Mr. Franz's ''Crisis of Conscience''. More to come on that ''masterpiece'' at a later time.

I might even start a thread on my finishing that book.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Found out the "ban" in Mexico was about owning property.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

The Watchtower makes Politics, Policy, Protocol and Procedure a high Priority rather than the basic tenets of Christianity.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Their UN involvement was the first thing I found out about and that opened the flood gates.

• undercover
    undercover

607 vs 587 was the first crack that led to realizing the entire WT structure was being held up by a house of cards

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I was going to give my “wordly” grandchildren the book, My Book of Bible Stories, when I suddenly saw it through their little eyes, and it was a terrible thing to see: all the bloodshed, tears, horror, destruction, and pain and it made me wonder what sort of person or men could approve or put out such a book for little children.... and it all fell apart from there, like a house of cards tumbling down...

I posted about this just before the Caleb and Sophie videos and new bible story book came out for children, and I’ve always wondered if somebody at WT read my posts .... but perhaps that is giving them (or myself) too much credit ....

• new boy
    new boy

I did the math. There were 7,000,000,000 people and 7,000,000 Jehovah's Witnesses so only 1/10 of one percent can be saved by their god?

• Dagney
    Dagney

After years of knowing it was probably all crap and they were making it up as they went along, the 1995 generation change sealed it for me, but I continued until one meeting I truly felt like I didn't belong there anymore and never went back.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit