Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org.

by Wasanelder Once 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Got some distance and realized this religion made no sense and most of their doctrines sounded ridiculous.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    As a born in, I would say, reaching the age of reason.
  • Whynot
    Whynot

I have always had doubts but was always told to wait upon Jehovah and just trust the governing body. I had a crisis in my life that forced me to reconsider my whole life decisions and beliefs. I questioned everything. It made me realize that religion is not the answer and that WT is just another business. I didn't realize how much I was looking to WT as I would God. The WT was my god. I also realized that pretty much everyone I know who is a JW has this feeling as well. My journey isn't over but it's been a rollercoaster that has been gradually stabilizing.

I still believe in Jehovah, Jesus and I'm restudying the Bible. I feel like I had to start from scratch. This time I'm open minded and willing to see ALL facts. My faith is still there even though it did get trembled. I find myself praying, reading and studying more.

A book that really helped figure myself out was The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse. It helped me analyze myself, my emotions, my thoughts since I felt so overwhelmingly scattered by the life crisis I was going through. Crisis of Conscience, In Search for Christian Freedom also helped process my thoughts towards the organization.

I find it absolutely fascinating to study the Bible in a different light. I've been reading on the books in the Dead Sea Scrolls, secular history while learning greek and hebrew. I'm not an expert. I just think it's interesting and fun.

• skin
    skin

For me, it is the brazen way the GB have rewritten their own history, and then informed us that all the old historic WT books be returned to HQ or destroyed, all in an effort to stop us from finding out the real history of WT.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Apparently Jehovah's people love God, love " the friends", love your neighbor, love your enemy and I wasn't feeling a thing, so off I went to discover unconditional love which i did find in a "worldly" family.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have a hard time narrowing my reasons down to just one.

I don't think I'm alone in that manner.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The challenge wasn't to limit to one reason, just one sentence. Some evidently still have a rebellious streak! lol

Congrats to all for participation.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry
    Researching the ARC, the UN connection, the doctrine flip flops, researching WT history & watching a Scientology documentary & seeing the similarities.
  • jesscd
    jesscd

When I was pregnant with my first child I started really thinking and realized I could not raise a child as a JW and have a clean conscience.

• amicabl
    amicabl
    Decades of suppressing information that didn’t seem quite right, the brawling and fighting within the congregation, but most of all the ridiculous seven paragraph WT piece on the overlapping generations with no scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit