Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org.

by Wasanelder Once 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    When the governing body suddenly announced: 'We (and only us GB clowns) are the faithful and discreet slave! Screw the rest of anointed on earth!' c. 2012 AD or CE (hahahaha)
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Inaccurate and harmful doctrines based on an ancient book that is full of totally inappropriate content.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I started a research project to find objective evidence to strengthen my faith in Jehovah and the Bible, found a lot of evidence that disproves major parts of JW theology, and found no evidence that supports the idea that any gods actually exists.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Brilliant thread 👍

I'm not a newbie, but need to express my thoughts.

I faded because of Watchtowers bs, the intrusion and control over people's lives; the judgementalism, the deceipt, the lies, the arrogance, etc etc

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    The love was conditional.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It ain't true!

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    The entire history of the WTBTS has consisted of presenting speculation as God-directed truth, of which total belief and obedience is expected, only to change it when it is proven wrong- while still claiming to be directed by God.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I couldn't tolerate the cultural aspects of JWs that I grew up with. Their stance against education, the shunning of non-members, the belittling of women, and the mishandling of physical and sexual abuse within families in the congregations was enough for me to abandon ship. I observed all of these things first hand or experienced them myself. It was later after I left that I decided to do research and determined it was just another religion.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I grew up, and I couldn't imagine living an adult JW life.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I left because it was hometime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit