Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org.

by Wasanelder Once 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org. Not 2 sentences. JUST ONE. Then patterns will start to form and perhaps people will see how many others are of like mind on a subject. Don't be afraid to agree with someone. Just note... Same reason as "so and so". Perhaps you instead may say, disfellowshipped for using my brain. lol

My sentence:

I researched the flip flops on doctrine and came away disgusted, losing faith that the GB was being directed by God.

Next

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

A series of events which led to dealing with "the committee" opened my eyes to the sham of the JW's being nothing but a "good 'ol boys club".

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Nepotism, a glaring lack of holy spirit operating in the congregation, and a total lack of any genuine love or forgiveness, especially on the part of eldurrs.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I re-read the Bible and saw that their teachings cannot be backed up by it.

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

I finally saw through the smoke-screen hiding the fact that it was simply about control, and all of my previously suppressed doubts suddenly made complete sense.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Final straw their murdering blood doctrine, can’t Eat a tomato but if you peel off it’s skin then you can, even if the peeled tomato comes from a cow.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I left because of Organizational dishonesty. (Watchtower is one of the most dishonest religions organizations ever invented by man.)

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

The WT involvement in the UN.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i left because i didnt believe there was a god.

• bamse
    bamse

The hopelessness about common right and wrong lead me to read «Crisis of Conscience».

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit