Roll Call for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers. In One Sentence tell why you left the Org.

by Wasanelder Once 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I learned it wasn't "the truth".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So many things disturbed me about double standards for elders and their family or changing doctrines or money issues that I finally overcame some kind of programmed fear and simply googled "Jehovah's Witnesses" and started discovering all the lies.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Hypocritical parents and an extraordinarily miserable childhood made up my mind for me.

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Ray Franz's two books Crises of Conscience and Christian Freedom,along with reading the Bible's creation account and the four different accounts in the gospel concerning Jesus's resurrection.

• FreeAgent
    FreeAgent

Was never any good at pretending, so I stopped.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Once I started questioning the beliefs, everything had holes in it especially the two key areas; the authority of the Bible and the authority of the governing body.

• Pittsburgh tim
    Pittsburgh tim

Was disfellowshipped for being gay, stayed away because of 1914 generation changes.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Lots that was already mentioned but the 607 date issue really opened my eyes to their dishonesty.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I had more than a few doctrinal issues, and the over-lapping generation teaching was my tipping point, so that, together with my refusal to shun my disfellowshipped son caused me to walk away after 42 years.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

What FedUpJW mentioned re: the lack of love and the GB who are definitely Wizard of OZ-esque charlatans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit