Masks Are Coming Off

by minimus 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

i don’t know the science behind masking but i do know i haven’t had a cold or flu since covid. I can’t see not breathing germly air on each other as being a bad thing.

Plus i can talk to myself in public and feel like a cobra soldier.

I have no problem with it but i generally think humans suck anyway.

• Steel
    Steel

if you can sit though a three day assembly , you can wear a mask for 20 minutes getting groceries.

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

I see there have been several pages of “discussion” since i last was here and it would be impractical to address it all, but i will say this about the suggestion i want anarchy ‘like the rest of my gun toting friends’

not at all. I was very clear about “limited government”, not “no government”. I also never claimed to own a gun nor suggested anything related to violence in the least. Interesting that you read it that way.... in fact it is the government that enforces it demands at the barrel of a gun. Dont believe me? Refuse a jail sentence and what happens? Refuse to follow a “lawful order” of any sort from a cop and what happens? Violence and the threat of it is EXACTLY what governments use to enforce their arbitrary rules on us all, i wish it to be different, not simply my rules at the end of my gun.

I have thus far resisted posting this because the point for me is not the effectiveness or lack thereof of masks but some on this thread are so dull mentally they simply cannot get away from the small and see a concept of a bigger picture. I will therefor have to share this study which demonstrates, using a randomized trial (a truly scientific method of study as opposed to whatever you may FEEL is effective) that shows no difference in infection rates between the masked and umasked. No. Difference.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

Covid does not give a damn about your mask. But by all means, wear one. It doesn't affect me in the least... but im not wearing one and it clearly doesn't effect you either. Stop pretending it does.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

the point for me is not the effectiveness or lack thereof of masks but some on this thread are so dull mentally they simply cannot get away from the small and see a concept of a bigger picture.

Covid does not give a damn about your mask. But by all means, wear one. It doesn't affect me in the least... but im not wearing one and it clearly doesn't effect you either. Stop pretending it does.

Justmemorph Totally agreed with this. I think the reason so many don't understand this is because they never took formal classes on biology, mirco-biology, infectious diseases and so they don't understand how it all works and thus they depend on the Government to hold their hand.
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

CDC now says if you are vaccinated, you shouldn’t have to wear a mask or stay 6 feet apart from others that are also vaccinated

That, for some reason, has always made me wonder. IF a vaccination prevents the person from spreading a disease why should they stay away from someone who chooses not to receive a vaccine? IF it prevents catching a disease, same question. If a person is vaccinated wouldn't it follow that they are now immune from spreading OR catching? If not, then what good is the vaccine, other than perhaps lessening the effects? Just my .02

Is it just me or do evangelical anti mask right wingers remind you of uber jehovah witnesses. I just wear a mask now because it pisses the inbreds off now.

I find that the evangelical LEFT wingers remind me of uber-Dubs more so. What with their fanatical incessant screaming that YOU HAVE TO WEAR A MASK or else! Myself, I refuse to wear a mask because it pisses the inbred Neo-fascist lefties off now.

• jhine
  • jhine
    jhine

So I'm confused - l just got this off the CDC website.

Sorry about the pic . That's my cousin Andrew.

Jan

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

There are two critically important reasons to vaccinate the general population for this virus, one being to impede the occurring deaths resulting from the virus and secondly to withdrawn social restrictions with mask wearing, so that people can return to their normal social behaviors pre virus pandemic..

The medical experts know that the virus will still pop up but at a much lesser extent.

These imposed social restrictions with masks are said to be lifted by this summer or early fall once the majority of the populations are vaccinated.

Amen !

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

CDC; WE'RE STILL LEARNING HOW VACCINES WILL AFFECT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19

LOL------THAT TELLS THE WHOLE STORY.

Trust the Government and its agencies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnJBfJx17A

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Trust the Government and its agencies!

Trust humans are imperfect, being that governments are run by humans as well medical professionals, expect mistakes to occur..

The overall intent does have value and merit.

Add in the fact that most established governments have not any experience in dealing with a public wide virus pandemic.

The positive outcome to all of this is that they will learn through this experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit