1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Searcher ... that is one of the objections - this alleged link that has not been proved.

As I have repeatedly said to TH, evidence has been shown. Maybe some don't wish there to be a connection, for whatever reason.

How about if people used the deaths from terrorists to just further their own causes? Would you object to this?

Like Anti-Bush people keep saying there is no evidence, to further their cause? I have also said that this is coming 30 years later than it sould have. I honestly feel that all freedom loving nations need to band together and wipe out terrorist groups, including the IRA and Amerian White Supremacist groups. Defeating Saddam and his evil regime will send a powerful message to many of these groups.

I don't hold my breath waiting for France to join in any fight against terrorist, though, not until they are once again nearly defeated by it.

• Simon
    Simon
    Like Anti-Bush people keep saying there is no evidence, to further their cause?

No, not to further any 'cause' (which is an excuse to dismiss it) but to make sure we get the truth and do the right things for the right reason. Are we not allowed to question anything?

I have also said that this is coming 30 years later than it sould have. I honestly feel that all freedom loving nations need to band together and wipe out terrorist groups, including the IRA and Amerian White Supremacist groups. Defeating Saddam and his evil regime will send a powerful message to many of these groups.

It is a shame that the USA had to wait until it was attacked before deciding global terrorism was so bad (eg. all those years of funding the IRA and other groups). Can we now hope that they will not deal with terrorists or give them assistance wherever and whoever they are, whether they are fighting for or against a regime that the USA supports or doesn't? It's the old "Terrorism is terrorism unless it's freedom fighting".

I don't hold my breath waiting for France to join in any fight against terrorist, though, not until they are once again nearly defeated by it.

Well, France has been fighting it's own war against terrorism (such as in Algeria) since years before Sept 11. I don't recall any US involvement in this fight.

The fact is that almost every country experiences "terrorism" but not every other country sees it as terrorism. Whether Israel or Palestinians each conducts terrorism or is legitimately fighting for freedom really depends on your point of view doesn't it? Naturally, everyone wants everyone else to see things from their viewpoint and to support them but we have to realise that they will not.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

First I admit that I have not waded through the ten previous pages an I hope that I am not duplicating another post . I have to get this off my chest now.

My take is the live TV coverage of this war . I have just sat through the action at Umm Qasr and I admit that I was hooked . But this is like entertainment . The crusty old rednecks who comment for FoxNews talk merrily about the death of the enemy and awesome firepower . They may enjoy it but the rest of us normal human beings do not.

I find it sick,sick sick that this is done for the sake of the media, and people view it over breakfast just like watching John Wayne playing a role

• Robdar
    Robdar

But the first time you give any man or woman in uniform any shit, I hope you'll remember this and hang your head in well-deserved shame.

Francois,

If you would go back and read all my posts before the clowns came in to make a circus, you would see that I do support our troops. I have friends and family in the military. Their life is on the line right now. Who knows what will happen to these people in this immoral war? I am protesting because it makes my blood freeze to think that they may have to die in this war.

Playing 60's radical? I was trying for comic relief. The women who are posting here have an agenda and have had it for quite some time. No matter what I say, they follow me from thread to thread and pick it apart. Now, before I get angry with the nonsense that you just directed at me, I will give you a chance to go back and read this thread. And because I know that you are my friend, I will take what you say with a grain of salt. The others can stay cozy in their own hell. I refuse to lay in it with them.

Thanks for posting.

Love,

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

SMAO, Had this red blooded american boy seen that i would have ran away

And this from a guy who did his best to get some at the Dallas apostafest? Sorry, I wouldn't have you, NI.

"Enticed me to her room with Scrumpy Jack"? Please, even drunk I wouldn't find you attractrive. Better change your name from not interested to not interesting.

How big is your conceit? It is hardly enticing you when there were others present in my room.

Oh, and another thing, since you lied to these gals and told them that I enticed you to my room, were you lying to me when you told me that all the northern women at the fest were your "bitches" and you had been given the power by trained them to give you some tongue, anytime you commanded them to give it to you?

If what you said was true, you must be some stud. And they must be desperate.

Robyn

• LB
    LB

Hmmmm, I have read the entire thread and Rob, you are coming off pretty poor here. I'm sure you disagree but, good grief.

Getting so that I believe little of what you offer these days.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Whether Israel or Palestinians each conducts terrorism or is legitimately fighting for freedom really depends on your point of view doesn't it?

Yeah if its Isreal, they are "freedom fighters" but if its Palestinian they are "terrorists".

Will

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Robyn,

why did you find is necessary to bring something private into this thread? Did he hurt your ego so much you thought you needed to do so? You know, you would make a great politician.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The I find the news coverage is for the "Video" generations that thinks the war is all a big movie and entertainment. I watch it for a few minutes but get tired of all the "dis-information" on both sides. If you watch coverage on the same event you get different versions of what is actually going on. Maybe after the war will we find out what really happened.

Will

• Xandria
    Xandria

Okay everyone, we can discuss this with out getting ugly. I know when it comes down to War emotions run high and rightly so. War is a very ugly issue. Regardless if you are against it due to the waste of life or for it. The point is all this death and destruction must end. If it takes a war to finish decades of unrest and then we have to make the decision. After all, we have some culpablity here.

What we are over looking here is these actions today were set in motion a long time ago. The years of unrest prior to the rise of the Iatola Khomeini, the deposed Shah of Iran, all helped in building the future now see. The result was a destabilization of the existing government.. During this coup and change of power, the State Department gave aide to many of the exiled family members of the Shah.

How do I know this, well my husband attended

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit