1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Untrue, I said Clinton, GB Senior, and GB Junior, should all be tried for war crimes.

I suppose you would send most of our ex-presidents for the same treatment then. Maybe we should take Frances lead and just bitch about everything and do nothing.

-Rick

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I suppose you would send most of our ex-presidents for the same treatment then. Maybe we should take Frances lead and just bitch about everything and do nothing.

Nope, just the ones that used WMD weapons, aren't we already doing nothing? We have high unemployment, we're not doing anything about that, we have pourly paid teachers, we're not doing anything about that. We're cutting vetrans benifits to fight this war, why don't you thank bush for that, I think that's spitting in vetrans faces more. There are certaintly things we need to do to this country, that we could spend all these billions of dollars on this war. If you think Bush isn't going to be making any money on this war, your sourly wrong. Go look who runs the Carlyle Group, and see all they're miltary complex, investments, guess what current president get's alot of money, when his daddy dies, because of this war, oh ya one guess who runs the Carlyle group, his name ends in Senior, and his initials are GB.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Something tells me though if Al Gore was doing this as president lots of people around here would be saying something different

That statement is nothing but simplistic nonsense. Do you really think that this comes down to party affiliation? You are really scraping the barrel now. Believe it or not, we have REPUBLICANS at the peace rallies. Me, I'm an independent. I write in names on the ballot. You can still do that, you know. Better get another idea as to what is going on with the many people who do not support this war.

Love,

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Here's a partial quote from the MSN story entitled "Some U.S. POW's ID'd by Family Members"

http://msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?cp1=1

"All five U.S. captives appeared terrified as they were thrust in front of an Iraqi TV microphone and peppered with questions. The footage also showed at least four bodies on a floor in pools of blood. At least two had wounds to the head, and another had a groin wound. The Al-Jazeera satellite network rebroadcast the entire footage but U.S. networks only showed portions due to the graphic nature."

God forbid that the American people should see the truth about this war. I think that we, as a nation, should have to look at the blood and carnage. When we see what is really happening to our sons and daughters, we may not be so ready to sacrifice them on the rich man's altar.

I am sure that many of you are praying for the captives and their families. But do you really think that God is going to help us when we were so stupid to begin with?

The war is just warming up. More death will follow. I hope all of you pro war people are squirming.

Robyn

Because I am out of posts, edited to add:

Expat, you would sacrifice your own for propaganda? Do you have any children in the military? Too old to join up? Ever seen active duty? I am sure that Bush would appreciate any sacrifice you may give.

It's easy to sit in front of your computer and cheer on sending others out to fight an immoral war. But what have you really done? Why don't you do a little more for the cause?

If the government told the truth about why we are at war with Iraq and didn't put a propaganda spin on it to work up the emotions of the good people who support it, nobody would go fight. They know this. So they don't let you see the truth (blood, death, guts) instead they show you feel good sound bytes of Iraqi's smiling while they surrender. Yep, don't it make you feel good?

Sadie,

Because they are American. Why do you not hold American lives in higher regard? This war is not what Bush and his rich cronies would have you believe. Got any children in the war, Sadie? Not trying to hurt you here, but if you do, and they die, do you think that the medals and flag that you get from the US Govt is going to make you feel better? Would you really think that it was all worth it in the end?

Love,

Robyn

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

As a "pro-war" person, what I am is amazed at the courage and integrity of the men and women in the military who display the fortitude to be in the front lines standing up to dictators.

God forbid that the American people should see the truth about this war. I think that we, as a nation, should have to look at the blood and carnage. When we see what is really happening to our sons and daughters, we may not be so ready to sacrifice them on the rich man's altar.

And God forbid that "peace" protestors should see the truth about Iraq. I think that you should have to look at each and every one of the 500,000 children's corpses, who have died because this war wasn't fought sooner. But then you don't want that to sully the purity of your "peace", do you? And after all, they're only Iraqis, not Americans.

The war is just warming up. More death will follow.

Oh the anticipation! More grist for the peace mill.

Expatbrit

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Why do you hold American lives more valuable than others?

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    Mar 23, 2003

People, people. Stop.......Breathe......Think.

Why can't you give your opinions of the topic--the war-- without attacking or applying motivation to others who disagree? Don't undermine your own credibility by the totally inappropriate personal comments.

I have read all posts on this painful thread and it saddens me. I am against this war. This does not make me anti-American. I support our troops 100%. I love America. I hate war, especially this one. That does not make me anti-American. I don't care much for George W. Bush. This does not make me Anti-American. I respect those who disagree with me. I do not respect when they tell me what I am because I don't agree with them.

Black/white thinking. Hmmm. Reminds me of the JWs

Wow.....angelkins...you hit exactly how I feel. I wish we weren't at war but that doesn't mean that I don't want ALL our men (and women) back home and safe. I think George Bush is right in the middle of a big ole pissing contest and it makes me mad because there will much death due to it. War never helps anyone (well except afterwards maybe our economy but at the high cost of human lives its far too expensive IMO) Kudos to you Robyn - I hope all is well with you...give me a call when you get a chance. Wishing peace and hope to everyone Carol
  • expatbrit
    expatbrit

Sadie:

I don't.

The point was that the "peace" protestors are getting their panties in a wad because half a dozen American POW's and four corpses are shown on TV. This is indeed a terrible thing, but meanwhile, they manage to completely ignore 500,000 dead Iraqi children, the result of 12 years of "peace".

What other conclusion is there than that to the "peace" protestors, an American life is more valuable than an Iraqi one?

Expatbrit

• Simon
    Simon

Perhaps if we had not classified childrens medicines and vaccines as WoMD they may done better? The fact is, they have nod had 12 years of peace.

If we valued foreigners lives as much as western lives then we would be making wholesale changes to our lifestyles and foreign policy.

30,000 children die every day ... I don't see amyone going to war or willing to spend billions for them?

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Expabrit, I agree with you and wasn't directing my comment to you. Sorry about that. I just see anti-war people latching on to the pow/kia issue and totally ignoring the large number of Iraqi people who have died under Saddam's control.

It's like they(anti-war) want to make sure their world is safe and close out any other sufferings of others.

I have 5 sons, so I did not want this war, but see as something that needs to be done. Someone needed to step up to the plate and stop the madness that has gone on for so long while people turn their heads and don't want to get involved.

Sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit