1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Will:

I hope you wont take offense at this, but I've noticed that you always seem to use the distraction tactic in your posts on Iraq.

The above is a typical example. When we talk about Iraq you ask what about all the other dictators. When we talk about what should be done now, you bring up what was/wasn't done years ago.

If you want to talk about other dictators and regimes, you will find that I am very likely to agree with you about their despotism. Or if you want to talk about what has been done in previous years, you will find that I probably agree with you as to whether the actions were right or wrong.

But, the topic of these discussions is what to do about a specific regime at a specific time: Saddam Hussein and right now. My personal hope is that Saddam Hussein is merely the first of many dictators to fall, and that the US has learned valuable lessons from past dealings with him, but I firmly believe that military force is the only feasible way to get rid of him now, and that getting rid of him is a must if Iraqis are to have any hope of a better future.

Expatbrit

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Animal,

I do not take delight in hearing that someone tried to kill his fellow soldiers. I did hear of this story earlier and was waiting till it was verified. If so he should be dealt with appropriately.

Will

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Will:

Comments like "if only Saddam had some of his nukes left", which I've read on this board I feel justified in ascribing to anti-Americanism.

Those who are anti-war who haven't made such comments (such as yourself and Robyn) I don't think are anti-American. I do think that a lot of the arguments painting the US in the same league as Saddam Hussein, or writing off the war as merely about oil, are in varying degrees delusional or just plain wrong.

Expatbrit

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Expatbrit

My only fear is by setting off this volatile region it does not get out of control. Already other Arab countries are feeling the heat with protests. No matter how powerful the US is they are not going to be able to control everything. Anyway I just think that Bush might have set off a chain of events that will only escalate.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Expatbrit

You have to admit that Bush did not make his case to the world. It is just not myself saying this but millions of others. That is why there is suspicion to his actual motives as to invading Iraq. I don't know about you but I grew up in the Vietnam, Watergate era and have learned to be suspicious of our governments, not accepting everything that is being fed to us.

Will

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well I must have missed those threads. All I've seen is a combination of delusion and anti-Americanism

Well, Expat, of course that is all you've seen. It's all you've been looking for. I guess you will be holding your breath for a while. I'm not going to play with you but you are more than welcome to go play with yourself.

Love ya,

Robyn

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Gee, I've heard similar rumors regarding our (USA) involvement in Iraq.

We had many chances to lift sanctions against Iraq the past 12 years for cheap oil, we did not. The french and russians however do have many deals with Iraq for oil, and frankly put by us getting rid of this regime we f***'d up their little cushy deals and as we have seen they don't like it which is the real reason they were so opposed to war.

-Rick

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yawn.....Most of you bore me. Good night.

Robyn

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Brummie:

What I meant was a compliment and a description of Scootergirl. The emphasis on TRUE is that folks can always count on her honesty.

XW

• Robdar
    Robdar

The emphasis on TRUE is that folks can always count on her honesty

So that is what they are calling self righteous, judgmental and intolerant nowadays. Thanks for clearing that up.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit