1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Xandria
    Xandria

How do I know this, well my husband attended with some of those family members placed there by the S.D. for “safety”. So he had a crash course in the Middle Easter Mindset in regards to the Infidel Americans.

Even though we protected these people and gave them aide during a time where they could have been wiped out, they hated us.

Due to the times before of colonies and conquers... they had something the world needed and it was their power, and the struggle over it that has brought all this. Remember they had been through the process since the late 1800’s until now with treaties, the White Revolution, etc.

Saddam rose to power during this time.

In February 1979, Saddam Husayn's ambitious plans and the course of Iraqi history were drastically altered by the overthrow of the shah of .

The Baath leadership feared that the success of 's Islamic Revolution would serve as an inspiration to Iraqi Shias. These fears escalated in July 1979, when riots broke out in and in after the government had refused Ayatollah Muhammad Baqir as Sadr's request to lead a procession to to congratulate Khomeini. The fall of the moderate Bazargan government in late 1979, however, and the rise of Islamic militants preaching an expansionist foreign policy soured Iraqi-Iranian relations .

• animal
    animal
    Okay everyone, we can discuss this with out getting ugly.....

Um... too late.

Animal

• Xandria
    Xandria

Thank you Animal for the laugh... I know it is somewhat late.. but better late than never.

Viewed from a historical perspective, the outbreak of hostilities in 1980 was, in part, just another phase of the ancient Persian-Arab conflict that had been fueled by twentieth-century border disputes. Many observers, however, believe that Saddam Husayn's decision to invade

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sorry having formatting problems.. grrr

• Xandria
    Xandria

I will post it elsewhere if you wish to read it.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Xandria,

So do you think by replacing the existing regime will bringing peace and democracy to this area? Is this a simplistic solution to the on going problems?

Will

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Robdar-

You said to Francois:

Playing 60's radical? I was trying for comic relief

Comic relief? I didn’t read this thread as anything besides you being very serious about a rally you said you attended. Why would you start what anyone would realize is an emotionally provocative thread and post a serious response to most who replied, only to say later on that it was “comic relief” when the inevitable happened? Not buying that. The “I was just kidding” thing is getting old.

The women who are posting here have an agenda and have had it for quite some time. No matter what I say, they follow me from thread to thread and pick it apart.

Oh please. Quit with the drama already. Why is it that when people have a problem with what you are saying- they have an agenda? Do you have an agenda when you post something in opposition to what someone else says? No- when you do it, it’s just posting. These statements are simply ridiculous and are quite clearly meant to discredit folks who have simply not agreed with your words. The women who posted here had a problem with what you were saying and said so-period.

Follow you from thread to thread? Robdar- no one is following you. This is simply untrue and yet another attempt to discredit others by insinuation.

If you are going to post; people are going to respond. And not everyone is going to post in agreement with you. You are not exempt from that reality-deal with that, instead of trying to discredit the people who don’t agree with you. People are going to hold an opinion different than yours or at times simply not believe what you are saying. That’s life. You have labeled some good folks here as “stalkers” because they have a problem with what you said or find some of your stories quite incredible or find discrepancies in what you have said.

You don’t hesitate to call others on anything they post that you have a problem with whether it’s a differing opinion on your part or a matter of credibility. If it’s okay for you, it’s also okay for others to disagree or question you.

And your post to not interested? If it wasn't so bizarre it would be funny.

XW

• Xandria
    Xandria

No Will, we need to allow the people of Iraq have the opportunity to develop. They have been repressed in many ways since the 1800's and British Rule. Thier history has been a long and bloody one. Even we are part to blame for allowing some situtations to happen. Everyone wants the oil, everyone wants power.. it has brought us to this point.

It is now time to end it. If it takes War to bring about this it may be an option we have to look at, we unfortunately do not live in an UTOPIAN world. Where people can work together to achieve a perfect zen life.

What would you do Will ? Allow people to suffer and continue with all this ? Or have us abandon them again for a second time around. I don't like the loss of life, I don't like the suffering.. but they were suffering even before that. Are we going to be compliant and allow them to suffer somemore in afeared forced silence ?

In life there are no clear answers with out consequences. Either way you go with this it is not a win win situation. With a situation like this, you cannot have daisies in gun barrels. We have spoken until blue in the face, we have not followed through in the past and now that it has cost us lives in our own country. Where do you think the funding for all this comes from ? Do you think it is just going to end because we say stop ? I don't think so.

Regardless, we are at war. An War is not a pretty situation.

I regret the loss of life.. but we have blood on our hands from innocents who died because of our inactive stance in the past. So either way your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

X.

• Brummie
    Brummie

The women who are posting here have an agenda and have had it for quite some time. No matter what I say, they follow me from thread to thread and pick it apart.

Regardless of the rebuttal XW it DOES seem this way to observers also. Perhaps its just best to leave it alone altogether.

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, I had a strong urge to pray for my family and friends in the military today so I got up early and went to a little church down the street from where I live. This was my first visit. The group was quite friendly. I am so glad I went because suddenly I understand this war. Here is how it was explained to me at church today:

God's hand is leading president Bush and our troops in this war against Iraq. He is doing it so that the infidel may see his glory.

I can't wait to tell that to my Satanist friend who is over in Iraq. I pray that she lives long enough to hear the good news. Although she will probably spew when she hears it. I can't wait to her welcome home party to tell her all about it.

Since this war is the Lord's work, give me some ammo for my .38. I wanna go blow away some infidels. How dare they disagree with the American way of life?

My deepest and most humble apologies to the pro-war in Iraq crowd. "I once was blind, but now I see".

God Bless America!

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit