1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    So that is what they are calling self righteous, judgmental and intolerant nowadays. Thanks for clearing that up.

Um, nope. They are still calling it honesty. And credibility.

XW

• Robdar
    Robdar

Um, nope. They are still calling it honesty. And credibility.

Um, sure, that's what that is. I didn't see anything honest posted by Scooter girl. I did, however, see a lot of vitriolic, judgmental spewing going on. How happy you must all be together.

BTW, if you think I am a pacifist because I don't support this war, guess again. I too, can call it the way I see it. Sorry, just being honest. But I suppose you don't care for my brand of honesty. Good, rot in it.

Robyn

• animal
    animal

Speaking of true colors.... yowsa.

Animal

• Robdar
    Robdar

Big Deal, Animal. You've never known me to know my true colors. Nor, do I care. SBMDA. You figure it out, you are so clever.

Robyn

• bebu
    bebu

I wonder why everyone keeps thinking this is just Bush's war. Every time I see who is advising Bush, I am reminded that he is surrounded by great advisors--esp. Colin Powell. Back in Gulf War I, we recognized and appreciated Powell's insight and ability to understand the complexities of politics and war strategy. He is right behind Bush, even now, giving advice and help.

Colin Powell has a track record of integrity. Saddam does not. That Colin Powell and other noteworthy advisors are urging and advising Bush for this action gives me confidence. Even Hillary Rodham Clinton supports Bush's actions--and more than just a vote of confidence in the senate.

I suppose if Al Gore had won the election, and with similar advisors, he'd be taking the same actions as Bush is now. Perhaps the only difference I can imagine would be that he might wait an extra week... !

War protesters who act viciously in word and deed are "oxy-morons". Go ahead and protest the war, but you won't win converts to your cause by insults. I've seen and heard more respectable protesters than what I've read here. You can attract more flies with honey. Try it.

My $.04. (Sorry.)

bebu

Only my $.02.

• animal
    animal

:P

• Robdar
    Robdar

Colin Powell has a track record of integrity.

Bebu, that is a good point. I happen to like Powell.

Thanks for posting.

Robyn

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I didn't see anything honest posted by Scooter girl. I did, however, see a lot of vitriolic, judgmental spewing going on.

Interesting that when it's someone else calling it like they see it, it's vitriolic, judgmental spewing but when it's you it's just posting.

I happen to agree with what both scooter and lyineyes posted .

I could see that the situation was about to get out of hand. But what to do? Well, I did the only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation, I raised up my skirt and showed everybody some leg.

Every guy in both groups froze and stared at my thighs. After that, every thing was fine again. But the cute Bush supporter did keep giving me puppy eyes

However, this did help prove my theory that love or something like it can put an end to the enmity between us.

Your depiction of your day sounded more like a game than a peace rally of some sort.

The only thing that a red blooded American gal can do in this situation is to hike up her skirt? Please don't speak for red blooded American gals then.

Lifting your skirt to show some guys your thighs isn't love or something like it.

XW

• jelly
    jelly

Just my opinion here, but you all might want to do yourselves a favor () and quit arguing about the war. In just a brief time, we will see if this war was a good idea or a bad one. If Bush just wants to kill babies and steal oil or make Iraq into a paradise. Everyone’s opinion is on record and no one is changing his or her minds anymore so let us just wait and see.

Terry

• Francois
    Francois

Robdar. I like you. You know that. And I usually agree with much you have to say.

On this topic you're so far offbase, you're out of the park, down the street and around the corner; I can have no respect for what you're doing.. You're not thinking. And your glib comebacks at the people who try to bring your knowledge about what's happening up to, say, last year's level tells me you're not interesting in knowing, you're just having fun playing sixties radical. So, go play where you can't cause any real trouble. Farkle is right, you know.

But the first time you give any man or woman in uniform any shit, I hope you'll remember this and hang your head in well-deserved shame.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit