Higher Education

by Brian J 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    snare&racket-
    Simple solution....
    Leave the cult and let your kids go to school.
    An Organisation that punishes people for getting an education?! enough said! That’s a crazy cult, there is no excuse to stay a day longer! Get out, get your kids out.
    Left 12 yrs ago, went to university, best thing I ever did.

Half the time, I post a quote and the stuff I type below it disappears. So let me try again.
    Even if they don't leave the religion, I bet more and more elders/MS/pioneers send their kids to college and let the congregation remove them if they want to. IT's THEIR KIDS, and they want more for them.

I would think it was an excellent way to get out of that assignment.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

Highly viewed by the congregation?? Don't make me laugh. The congregation wasn't supporting me and I wasn't the least bit interested in what older JWs with a cushy life thought about anything.

Some of these hypocrites came into the religion after they earned their living OR had a worldly spouse. Some man worked 40 years so they could have a pension. These people went to their graves having led a comfortable life. Boy am I glad I never listened to any of them.

The poverty they were pushing was not for them (hell no).

So if any JW "with faith" as you put it, decides not to get an education or a decent job that's their business..But, when they can't pay their bills they better go ask their "spiritual" friends for money!!! I'm not interested in their predicament.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    But, when they can't pay their bills they better go ask their "spiritual" friends for money!!!

If God is real then they will manage.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

Well then, LET them manage and I hope they can...

But, nobody has ANY business thinking they are going to target those who were criticized for education/career and thinking they are going to ask them for money! And, I'm sure this very thing is happening. It is ironic that now it's MY turn to run from JWs. Good luck to them.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    I have seen many people saddled with student debt and no marketable skills.

A lot to do with what university course a person . I know of persons who have taken a degree in Fine Arts, and wonder why they cannot get a job.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Well then, LET them manage and I hope they can... thinking they are going to ask them for money!

@ JW don't think in terms of cause and effect but JW have faith that they exist and survive because of God's efforts, not theirs. JW will do everything in their power to survive but they won't break God's law to do it. That is the way of life they have chosen: If they survive and conquer, it is from God, if they fail they accept defeat.. But in their last breath ( if it comes to that,) they trust in God for salvation -only from Him.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

Yes, you said it. Too many JWs don't think in terms of cause and effect. Well, too bad about them. They are just too lazy and never wanted to be part of the workforce.

Their actions really contradict the bible which talks about the lowly ant that stores up; how about reaping what you sow. Oh! What about the foolish virgins without enough oil in their lamps? This all implies planning and taking the laws of cause and effect into account.

But, yet there are some JWs who are wise, clever and prosperous (like the ones I mentioned above who DIDN'T pursue poverty). You can choose to ignore what I mentioned and focus on the rather pathetic JWs who choose to ignore the laws of cause and effect...So be it. Let them.

Bottom line is I'm glad to not be around any of these people and - again - let them get money from somebody ELSE.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

One can trust God for salvation while still using their brain to take prudent steps to manage their finances and their life, it's not an either/or situation.

I Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LISA ROSE:

I totally agree with you...IMO Certain JWs never really wanted to work and thought somebody else was going to pay for their 'everlasting life'.

The religion sent out mixed messages though and it fed into the mentality of those there who never really wanted to work. The mentality of itinerant preachers who went along and bartered with farmers for goods was from the Depression era in the US. We don't live in this kind of world anymore.

Also, the mentality that everybody there was a 'preacher' gave some JWs the idea that they were like Protestant preachers who had a congregation supporting them. These JWs are in the wrong religion and they better snap out of their delusion.

The idea in any person's mind that they are going to live on the edge looking for handouts is a stupid fantasy and I hope any other JW lurkers realize this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Higher education is a waste of time and effort, it never helped humanity in anyway.

The bible is what people should educate themselves with for it is the only information that humanity needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit