Higher Education

by Brian J 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    This is a frekin joke right? The grape juice keeps getting more purple.

Not only it's not a joke, the most pathetic part of the whole thing is that that's what they call progress. Before it was "no, no , no". Now that added a "maybe". In their minds they are being flexible.

Here's their most pathetic joke about it: That's how they expect to make money from their people.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Simple solution....

Leave the cult and let your kids go to school.

An Organisation that punishes people for getting an education?! enough said! That’s a crazy cult, there is no excuse to stay a day longer! Get out, get your kids out.

Left 12 yrs ago, went to university, best thing I ever did.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When I was still an appointed brother (MS) , My wife enrolled in a correspondence university course while still working. (It was a course that would assist her to grow in her profession). She excelled! I am so impressed by all that she accomplished!

Around the same time, there was an elders and ms meeting with the CO that said "any appointed brother who allows his children or wife to attend university would have his qualifications called into question and reviewed"

I was then told categorically that it was "wrong", and that only "bored people attend university", so my wife should rather be occupied in JW activities like pioneering...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The escape route is drawn, family station wagon loaded, but car is only going 5 mph right now so as not to loose my family. Snails pace i know but they are worth it.

Now thats unconditional love, Brian. Top Dad👍

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Brian if you could record these talks for later use, it would blow their lies clear out the water

• Half banana
    Half banana

The more Jehovah's Witnesses look like the Taliban the sooner their downfall.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Is that the one with the Ministerial Servants theme "How to attack an outline"?

Honestly, the writing department really need to research their use of words more carefully.

This year at our 5 day elder school, they hardly touched the subject of child abuse; they just mentioned that "we abhor it blah blah blah", "contact the branch immediately" and "don't dissuade anyone from going to the police". No change really. However, there were 5 of us (in a class of 30) talking about it in the break and we all agreed we would first call the police and let them deal with the crime whilst the other elders called the branch to deal with the sin!

It's incredible in this day and age how there are still PIMI elders with all the hypocrisy in the organisation.

• Onager
    Onager

"Greater love hath no man than he who will drive his stationwagon at 5mph away from the Org for the sake of his family." - Brian chapter 1, verse 5.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Brian J: The escape route is drawn, family station wagon loaded, but car is only going 5 mph right now so as not to loose my family. Snails pace i know but they are worth it.

Good plan.

Best wishes mate!

• carla
    carla

"Clarification given: "Moving forward any elder, ms, or pioneer who themselves or someone under their roof enrolls in higher education, may no longer qualify for privileges in the congregation. Their qualifications will have to be reviewed by their BOE."-

Wow! this could give some power to ubm's, wives and kids now couldn't it? just enroll in college of some sort. Awesome, Dad gets kicked off the ms/elder train. Very cool. Could be a way for pimo's to finally show Dad that the org is not all it is cracked up to be. Let him see the 'love' of the brothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit