Higher Education

by Brian J 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692
    For our 2 15 min breaks, there was coffee and bananas sitting in between 2 contribution boxes.

Well that’s subtle!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

they only want people who do as they are told

• Brian J
    Brian J

The escape route is drawn, family station wagon loaded, but car is only going 5 mph right now so as not to loose my family. Snails pace i know but they are worth it.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    for our 2 15 min breaks, there was coffee and bananas sitting in between 2 contribution boxes.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    kid you not, the phrase "immediately call the legal department" was repeated no less than 35 times by instructor and fellow elders over the course of 45 minutes. As was "do not encourage contacting the police but if brought up by the victim do not hinder or make them feel guilty"

Well, well, well..... now we see how it REALLY is... It would be great to have a recording of the one talk (at elders school) played against the other "swear to God testimony" in Australia & elsewhere.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why didn't you record that and post it on YouTube?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Elders are marketing managers for the WTS., tow the party line or you'll be chastised.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GAYLE:

Somebody disliked your post. Well, too bad about them because you spoke the truth. If somebody already has an education and skill, the religion will be looking for them to work at bethel.

The moral of the story is:..if you have or get an education and the religion can benefit from it, that's okay...But, it is to benefit YOU or put a roof over your head, that's NOT okay. You should starve to death instead.

I strongly suspect that the reason the religion is against college is because they were made to look stupid by brothers with an education. Ego and hurt feelings is behind this but nobody's going to admit it. I do think this is the real story behind their stand!..The idiots were threatened by anybody well-spoken who had a good job. It's really sick but that was my observation.

They will just rail against college for rank & file JWs while they very hypocritically look for JWs with professional skills to work at bethel.

I'm sorry for any Witnesses who listened to their garbage and never got an education or a well-paying job and are struggling today to support themselves.

• steve2
    steve2

And when there are no more potentially suitable elders in the congregations to draw into the diminishing pool of elders, these warnings will be ignored. Just wait and watch.

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

Brian J,

Did they "clarify" what they mean by "higher education"? Is it four years of college? Two years? Is there a difference between going to a technical college or a liberal arts college? Will this be applied evenly across all states and countries? I have seen much back and forth on this issue and much talking out of both sides of there mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit