Higher Education

by Brian J 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brian J
    Brian J

Just spent 8 hours in a 1 day Elders school last weekend

Clarification given: "Moving forward any elder, ms, or pioneer who themselves or someone under their roof enrolls in higher education, may no longer qualify for privileges in the congregation. Their qualifications will have to be reviewed by their BOE."

So if my daughter goes to a 4 year college, my qualifications will be reviewed. Pathetic.

This is a frekin joke right? The grape juice keeps getting more purple.

• waton
    waton

This weeks watchtower "study" par 17, trashed " higher" education as well, in favour of "pioneering, Construction, Bethel and even ,--tada: gilead training."

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Interpretation: Only the dumb stay faithful to YHWH/Jesus

• VW.org
    VW.org

Putting the squeeze on people will only wake them up. The orginisation is their own worst enemy. You can only kick a dog so many times before he turns around and bites you.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I seem to remember the JW lawyers in the Royal Comission acting confused when it was claimed JWs are against higher education. "We're not against higher education your honor".

Lying pricks.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yet, if the individual already has a four-year degree that the WT can utilize at headquarters, and they will work for free. then the WT has no problem using them.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I recall a few years ago hearing the same thing here. There was a two part symposium, the CO did half and the DO the other half. The DO started and said that the following information was direct from the governing boobs.

Since my kid was in a 4 yr University program, I fully expected that I was about to get a talking to.

Nothing happened. It was a scare tactic.

Bottom line is, if a bro is sending little Johnny to U, then that bro is a bro with means.

So, are they going to dispose of all the bros with dough? I don’t think so.

This BS is unenforced.

... and after all, should Bro Witdadough be spending 60-100 large on U when he could be givin’ dat to da ORG

• label licker
    label licker
    What a joke! In Elmira, On congregation, there was a kid (we'll call him Tom L.) who was told by the cobe ( we'll call him Rawd M.) that he could get his millwright education(four years for starters) but to keep it quiet. The kid told everyone what the cobe told him not to do. Nevertheless, he was an ms and later elder while he was getting his education. His friend (we'll call Andy) was told not to pursue a higher education which he didn't and became an elder as well. I wonder if Andy even asks himself why Thom could get his education but not himself. It depends on the rest of the elders and how much you kiss up to them, I guess.
  • Brian J
    Brian J

Well, the higher education discourse was just but 1 ray of sunshine in a full day of regurgitated doctrine, albeit with more videos than I have ever experienced in even a week long elders school. When it came to child molestation, I kid you not, the phrase "immediately call the legal department" was repeated no less than 35 times by instructor and fellow elders over the course of 45 minutes. As was "do not encourage contacting the police but if brought up by the victim do not hinder or make them feel guilty". Immediately render spiritual assistance to the victim is simply not in the vocabulary.

Thankfully for our 2 15 min breaks, there was coffee and bananas sitting in between 2 contribution boxes.

Keeping my mouth shut is getting harder and harder folks.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Brian: Just spent 8 hours in a 1 day Elders school last weekend

Just think, that time COULD HAVE BEEN spent getting an actual education instead of bullshit cult indoctrination.

Hope y’all find a way to escape real soon, Brian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit