how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hey StinkyPants,

I watched the movie If these Walls Could Talk 2, and it was sad that the lady didnt get to keep the house she shared with her partner when she died. All those years together from their youth and the things they shared , she had no legal claim to any of it, that is wrong.

There should be a law agaisnt that, IMO.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Gee its easy to tell when a thread is controversial, just a few hours ago this thread didnt exsist and look how many posts it has!

ThiChi shared his opinion and I cant see anything wrong with that, even though I disagree with some of his conclusions. The thread asked for opinions and he gave his. As for his cold language, I have heard gay people use worse when describing hetrosexual practices. 2 wrongs dont make a right but both sides are guilty of the same verbal attacks.

IMO what people do in their bedroom (or where-ever) is nothing to do with anyone, we kicked up a fuss when the Society pryed into peoples private bedroom business so why would we now think its ok to pry into the lives of homosexuals? I agree with whoever said "live and let live", its got nothing to do with anyone else.

Brummie

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Gotta agree with you Brummie

*high five*

• Valis
    Valis

well...if we follow thichi logic people should delay gratification like some Buddhist monk in the highlands of Tibet until they find the member of the oppostie sex that biologicaly they are suited for...well the real world doesn't work like that and I did go back and read the comments that pertained to a false choice and you have yet to offer alternate reasoning as to why people are homosexual or not, and what they should do with those feelings that cannot be dismissed as an abberation. How can saying "I can't help it, because that's the way I am and I feel and cannot be other than that I am." be a false choice? I think that's called facing up to who you are where I come from. As in the example Lyin gave..the two women grew old together and when one dies the other was left with nothing that resembled her life w/her lover of so many years. The thing I find interesting is that many gays will adopt one another to get around what is a very judgmental and morality based set of laws that have outlived their usefullness. It says a lot about the conviction and knowing thyself that goes on between two humans that have found each other and could care less for someone else's moralistic high ground that has no place among intelligent people. But I guess that's one of those consequences huh? Live a good life and be good to the one you love and get hell for it at the end of your life. Nice way to treat humans huh?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis:

To save time, I only offer reading that will educate and lead to more understanding.....what is wrong with that? The art of persuasion has a dark side, that many unknowingly use.

I was on a debating team in college and I am a judge for a regional debates for High Schools...I am not blowing smoke here.

Really, read it.... and it opens up the whole new world on how and why people twist, name call and make personal attacks when they are not fully prepared to debate the facts, and how to counter act!

The title is poorly lacking....it is really a good read!

""False choice=making a decision based on things you can't control

False choice=using a lifestyle choice to validate or justify certain activity

Fals choice=some point of debate protocol you care to share w/us

False choice=just a wrong decision, and the criterion for that bad decision gets laid down by you

Fals choice=something I haven't mentioned""

Wrong: False Choice is proclaiming or offering one action or very few actions, to be taken or considered, when other actions could be acceptable or at least debated.......see the manipulation that can occurs when you employ only one way or viewpoint? Name calling, off subject, labels and personal attacks start.

You are also very good at "circular reasoning." Don’t get me wrong. This is an art that is used to manipulate the masses. You got it down, most Jws(x) do......

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"well...if we follow thichi logic people should delay gratification like some Buddhist monk in the highlands of Tibet until they find the member of the oppostie sex that biologicaly they are suited for.""

Valis:

Again, off topic ...you falsely paint a wrong picture of what that term means.......Understand the term......(you will have to read though! Sorry)

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Brummie:

I agree. I now regret using that example. I could have made my point another way.......Sorry.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"I can't help it, because that's the way I am and I feel and cannot be other than that I am." be a false choice?"

Valis: It is a false choice if you accept this as the only answer......To explore why you feel a certain way or why we do things this way or why things always happen this way, can open up another way to our goals, or end stress or want or homelessness or emptiness....or address what concerns us. this is what esoteric principles are all about........there is more here than DNA....

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

With all due respect Thi Chi what was your point with this thread. Are you genuinely concerned about what our opinions of homosexuality are? Or are you simply trying to exercise your skills in debate? I'm all for having discussion about a controversial subject. I'm all for listening to both sides of an argument, as well as expressing my own opinions. But I think it is a great waste of time simply pick an argument

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""...Live a good life and be good to the one you love and get hell for it at the end of your life""

Valis: What you want, also wants you. There is another way to see things........

Got to go...going to Las Vegas for some poker!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit