how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

How do I feel regarding homosexuality? Pretty impressive that their are 1,532 people who have viewed this post. Says alot.

How do I feel? I feel at home with myself today. Its a long process to figure out who you are. For me grateful for support from a gay and lesbian therapist. I owe alot to the Gay therapist he opened the door for me in terms of my sexuality.

I had this dream of being raped by a women. Shared in a session with him. He asked me if I'm am a lesbian? I did'nt answer him . Thinking to myself how dare he ask me that question!!!!! Well the universe has a way of presenting answers. Ran into a woman who was a roommate. She came out to me . I opened up to her and asked thousands of questions. My whole life fell into place with my feellings over the years. I went back to the therapist before me sharing. I asked him if he was gay? Because my plate was full with custody, divorce and dealing with domestic violence. I needed assurance that what I shared did'nt go out of the room. My fear of husband and jw's taking my children away. And that never became as issue!!!!

There is a process in coming out. The first 39 years of my life I always felt like this round peg trying to fit in a square hole. I had no idea what was going on and yet I would be attracted to females and not being able to put a name on it. Of course I never express my feelilngs.

I went through a grieving process with my sexuality, marriage, the org. and divorce. The lists continues! I had support over time with coming out and lesbian Moms support groups.

I don't feel that my sexuality is a lifestyle. My lifestyle is that I live in a lower end of middle income. I rent as apt. A 15 yr old cat. I live in a blue collar neighborhood . I have close friends of all walks of life. I am a spiritual artist. And the list goes on.

And yes I have dealt with homophobia over time. Especially in my work place. I'll call a spade when I need too. I am out to those I am close to in ER. And dealing with hate crimes regarding 2 gay men who were murdered in the past 2 years. and attended their furnerals. Its sad that kind of mentality exists.

I just want to say out of 1532 people who have viewed this post. Is that some are not a place to share about their sexuality because of fear of whatever??? And its okay. I support you in taking care of yourself. I am in aplace to paved the way for others. my sense their is a hand full or more who are out on this forum.

I'll be glad to answer questions. Providing I have answers.

I am grateful to be connected to this forum and their are wonderful people I've met.

All the Best, Crow Woman

• blackout
    blackout

I just wanted to reply to this post 'cause I can. Even if everyone thinks its yesterdays news.

I have several gay friends, most of them women, they are on a level with any of my friends as far as closeness, caring and friendship goes.

I dont know why they are gay and I dont care, it's their business.

Perhaps homosexuality is natures way of controlling the population explosion,who knows?

I think ingeneral people need to be more tolerant of others, show more love etc.

NONE of my gay friends have ever crapped on anyone for being straight, they are all kind loving people just making their way in the world and looking for loving relationships just like the rest of us.

Thats all, thanks for listening

Blackout of the 'straight but friendly to gays' class :-)

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""With all due respect Thi Chi what was your point with this thread. Are you genuinely concerned about what our opinions of homosexuality are? Or are you simply trying to exercise your skills in debate? I'm all for having discussion about a controversial subject. I'm all for listening to both sides of an argument, as well as expressing my own opinions. But I think it is a great waste of time simply pick an argument.""

ChevyS:

With all due respect, I only answered Valis’ question. What is wrong with that? You make the word "argument" a negative word. It is not. An "argument" is to explore each side. I only defended my reasons for my claims. Unfortunately, poor arguers tend to attack with fallacious terms and non-points. What is wrong with sharing how we can all be better debaters? I will continue to expose all false points or reasoning that does not address the issues at hand. No reason to paint anyone a bad guy just because you disagree with him or her. True?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis, here is a good example:

"""thichi...you are funny...where is my reasoning circular? And talk about name calling..I think you called me a dubbie...that's about the lamest copout when you don't like hearing someone debate with you I ever heard...even if you don'tlike the way I do so.""

Huh? "You think" I called you a name? you got to be kidding, right? Is this the best you can do? Also, you demanded what the expression means, and I responded (sorry that I did). Now it is my fault? Here is a good example of what I mean. Stop your crying and babbling, man, get a grip. If you don't want to get off topic on this, then don't ask me a question. Educate yourself and then let us discuss things.....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

no, only a reply to an attack!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I don't feel anything about it. I don't think it matters at all. It's just something some people are; and that's that.

ash

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"..except when you apply it to homosexuals it doesn't deny then the fact that they are gay"

Valis, Valis, you have misapplyed my claim. It was not in response to the Homosexual question, but to the claim that everyone in any situation has no control. My reference was to the "Victum" aspect of the claim.....please re-read my post! sheesessses.

• Valis
    Valis

thichi...alright...but do this...explain how you integrate delayed gratification into your view...I think I understand some of it, but as i'm far from educated as you are i might be missing something. I also don't think I'm babbling at all...I merely asked you, as you so do like to discuss points of debate versus what this topic is about. You still keep on w/"false points of reasoning" in which IMO you discount lots of things that go into the mix of the discussion. BTW, I'm not the one that said anything about dubbies in this thread...it was you and off topic.

You can go back and read my last reply to this thread and get a good idea whether or not you want to continue to talk about how you feel about homosexuality or you can go on dissecting words for the sake of being right at the cost of considering people's feelings as anything other than being false or somehow not valid, in the context of this discussion.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You can state a view, or feeling in a debate. You want to persuade, right? I don’t feel persuaded, then you loose!

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* only in your small miopic world hoss...*LOL*

I don't remember when you set the ground rules or who appointed you arbiter of this thread or who wins...sheesh..

So are you going to talk about delayed gratification and why you feel there are so many "false points or truths", or perhaps you want to play sophomoric debate games? small joke...ehe..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit