how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis:

"Well except for the inception of judgemental Christian views, much younger and less tollerant than either of the cultures I just mentioned"

I can prove to you that no culture is free from the "inhumanity" to others by not sharing their views...what did the Romans do to the Christians....or to slaves or other countries that did not submit?

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hi ThiChi

I doubt the nurture/nature debate will be settled on this forum no matter how hard you try to educate us, but I would like you to give us a brief synopsis of what Dr Peck's "dely of gratification" theory is. I don't have time to read his book at present but if it is as interesting as you say i may in the Summer.

I delayed my sexual gratification until i was 30 and still chose a partner of the same sex but maybe I totally misunderstand the theory, but I am also assuming you mean delay and not 'dely'.

p.s. if you use spell check I'll read a book on debating skills :-)

• scotsman
    scotsman

Sorry I am reading back through the posts to see if the theory has already been explained and it doesn't seem to have been. But..

Conceptually speaking, the "I am who I am" is a trap that no one should be in. Why limit yourself? Why label yourself?

"I am who I am" is maybe not a trap, limit or a label.

Paedophiles do use the arguement for the acceptance for homosexuality as credence for their own sexual prediliction, which just shows how clever they can be. What you haven't responded to is the consensual difference between homosexuality and rape and murder. Is the acceptance of an omnisexual society (I believe this is the most fashionable term) the first step on the "slippery slope", inexctricably linked to increased rates of rape and murder?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Scotts man:

How many words have I misspelled compared to the number of words typed? Is it because I can’t spell, or trying to type very fast to respond too all inquires?

I was going to answer your question about Dely of Gratification, but your "tone" suggests you are not worth my time....buy the book.

• scotsman
  • scotsman
    scotsman

ThiChi

I'm sorry, but you've misheard my tone. I am interested in the theory and am looking for books to read after my exams in May.

I confess to a little sarcasm earlier about your debating boast but it was intended lightheartedly.

So go on, spill on Dr Peck's theory.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"I am who I am" is maybe not a trap, limit or a label."

Reasons for this claim?

"What you haven't responded to is the consensual difference between homosexuality and rape and murder"

Do you even know what we were discussing then? I get the feeling you don’t.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Here is what was posted:

"A true sign of the times. Lack of responsibility for their actions. Some like to make love to animals, is there a DNA connection to justify that? When do we say enough is enough? Some like to kill and rape, it that ok? The lack of responsibility and the resistance to a dely of gratification shows what the world has sunk to.""

The point is it is not OK to rape or kill, for whatever reason. Some have used this genetic defense in court.....I disagree with it. Should DNA alone be reasons for our actions, good or bad?

The issue was not which crime is worse or which is consensual and which is not. The logic that "I can’t help it" because of.........fill in the blank.......truly "begs the question."

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

So, Thi Chi, can you explain to us why you are heterosexual. Were you born that way? Or did you choose it? If who you like to have sex with is a choice, then why is your choice better than homosexuals? Or is it?

Do hermaphrodites choose to have sexual organs of males and females? What about people born with deformities, did they choose to be that way? If sexual orientation falls in the same category, then no one is responsible for being heterosexual or homosexual. Or are they?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Kennison:

For me, Biologically, it all fits...

Your statement of similar cases proves what? That there are variations in every species? If this is the case, I agree. What do you feel are the causes of these abnormal occurrences? I sure don’t know!

"""""....then no one is responsible for being heterosexual or homosexual."

Really, no one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit