how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

If you don't know any homosexuals or were raised to "hate" them(as in certain religions that will remain un-named) you will feel differently once you meet and get to know one or more. At least that was the case with me. Once I was befriended by some homosexuals/lesbians I realized I couldn't "hate" them. They were nice people. And they were human. I don't necessarily agree with their choice of sexuality but we have agreed to disagree and we don't bring it up. Otherwise we are acquaintances and friends just as any other people. It has become a non-issue with me. Their being "gay" doesn't bother me any more than my being "straight" bothers them.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    really don’t care about this topic, really. It is the underlying issues that I find so interesting. There are many esoteric principles in play here: labels, responsibility, moral worth, history and community........

Very Very good point. This discussion could take place about any other subject

""I’ve experimented with the same sex, and enjoyed it. It doesn’t make me any less of a person. ""

Choice, or DNA? hehe

It's a little bit of both in my situation. Growing up I was always different from the rest of the girls around me and people made comments. I had crushes, on both boys and girls. I played up the boy crushes though because I was JW and that's how it had to be. After losing my virginity to a guy, something just seemed to be missing. Eventually after that relationship ended I started a relationship with a female. It was great. I guess I'm all mixed up because while I very much enjoy the sexual relationship with a female, I prefer an emotional relationship with males. So I guess you could say I'm open to both sides. Though I don't mind talking about it openly here, it really isn't anyone's business but my own. And it certainly doesn't change anything about WHO I am.

I think its called TNA....eheheh*LOL*
    Smart-ass :)
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

Starfish:

What is your point? What if I did really care? So what?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

CHEVYSNTATS:

Thanks for putting this into perspective, it really means alot to me right now....

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

"From a biological perspective, I would not place my penis in someone’s s**t hole. That is just me. As e-man put it, I would rather stick a needle in my eye first, or something to that effect."

Unfortunately, that is how some people define homosexuality...to whomever wrote the above, I'm gay, and I'd rather stick a needle in my eye, than place my penis in your s**t hole too! Gee, who'd have thought we have something in common!

• Xander
    Xander

I think you may be reading too much into 'choice', too.

I'm very computer savvy and I find cars boring as hell. Going to auto shows makes me cry, I really am bored to tears. For most of you, I suppose this would be analogous to going to a quilting bee or something.

Now, could I hang around with guys that talked cars or sports all day? Yeah, I could, indeed, I did as a JW, as that is ALL any of the brother talked about (strangely, high school dropout carpenters and window washers aren't as tech-savvy as they are up on their favorite team).

Is me being a tech geek a 'choice'? Well, yeah, it is. Could I CHOOSE to become interested in sports and enjoy it? Not really! (I know, I've tried!) See, the desire to learn and work with things technical was a combination of genetics, impressoins from infancy, things learned from youth, etc.

It isn't strictly DNA, but the force of my whole life to this point. So, it's not a 'genetic' thing. But saying 'it's just a choice' is dismissive. It's NOT 'just a choice'.

Similar with someone's sexual preference (whatever it is). It's not a strictly genetic thing, like some kind of defect or disease that could be 'cured'. Nor is it merely a choice they decided on a whim.

What you are trying to do, ThiChi, is to segregate the parts of a human personality traits. What makes someone have certain interests - from simple hobbies as in my example, to sexual orientation, is not one single factor that can be isolated. The combination of all interests, likes, dislikes, etc in a single body is what we DEFINE as a PERSON. It's the entire combination!

So razorblade above is gay. That's part of WHO HE IS. You can't take the 'gay' out of razorblade and still have razorblade. Just like you can't take the 'straight' out of ThiChi and have the same person. Human personality just doesn't work that way. And what MAKES that personality for everybody is different.

• Valis
    Valis

thichi..why is it you insist on using the term false choice? How do you come to the conclusion of what a false choice is? What experience leads you to this conclusion? Surely you realize how judging this sounds? So if I'm more interested in speaking w/you at the moment this causes you distress? If the worst thing I "label" or call you is miopic maybe I'm doing so from my own experience with all kinds of people, gay, straight, bisexual, and some that just plain don't know or care...what you call "false choices" are simply people being human, which obviously is too hard a concept for you to grasp. You want to look for underlying causes for behavior or "false choices" as you put it, but you leave out some valid ideas as to why and are totally IMO stuck in the land of the miopic. Should I stop talking to you and deal with name callers or shall we stick to it and discuss this some more. I haven't bashed you or tried to avoid the subject matter. Shame on you for saying otherwise...so there! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Okay here's 6 cents, since I've already contributed 4. I really appreciate the analogy that Xander just made. Also Sheila was right about distinguishing between the sexual relationship and the emotional relationship in homosexuality. I do believe that is NOT a choice. How many times have you heard of someone "coming" out and the people around them saying 'I knew there was always something different about them?' To compare a homosexual to a rapist and murdered is INSANE. And to assume that AIDS is soley a homosexual dieses is also insane. Hello, Magic Johnson was over 10 years ago.

While it has become increasingly easier within the past decade for someone to declare themself homosexual, why would someone CHOOSE the discrimination and hate that has been inflicted on them for so many years?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I could really care less about someones sexual preferances.Just as long as they don`t bother me with it..You can`t catch gay,you are or your not..Besides one less male out of the picture,leaves more lady`s for the rest of us,LOL!...OUTLAW

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

ThiChi-

I like debating with people, but why does it almost always degenerate into statements like:

From a biological perspective, I would not place my penis in someone’s s**t hole.
    As to your comment about not educating myself because I don't want to read the book that you suggested: there is more to educating oneself than reading ONE book! I have read many scientific studies regarding the "cause" of homosexuality from both sides. I'm not saying anything absolutely, I merely stated my opinion w/o insulting anyone. A person's true colors always comes out in situations like this, and yours are shining brightly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit