how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The natural course is for a man and a woman to have sex, for pleasure or procreation. That is a fact.

No, procreation only. It's not natural to have sex for any other reason. Even dogs only have sex when they're in heat. Humans who have sex when they're not ready to reproduce are perverts trying to satisfy their base lusts in an unnatural way.

To me and many people I know, so-called 'Gay Pride' marches are testament to the fact that they are not comfortable with their chosen practises - you don't see 'Straight Pride' marches do you?

Of course not, because straight people don't usually have to face the sort of unthinking bigotry people like you subject gay people to.

To be honest seeing (as I have done) two men kissing like a man and a woman do is repulsive and makes me want to throw up.

I agree. I feel the same way about old people. Yeucch! All that flabby wrinkly flesh and false teeth.

I cannot see how a man can fancy another blokes hairy bum rather than the curves of a woman.

Me neither. Hell, I don't know how women can find men attractive! But I'm glad they do.

Homosexuals have always been with us and always will be, but that does not make it right anymore than killing someone is made right just because a lot of people do it.

Have you followed that thought through, and considered why killing people is wrong. Is it because it's "unnatural" or is it because it violates the right to life of another person?

I don't care what homosexuals do in private, just don't tell me about it or do it in public so that I don't have to see perverted acts and don't try to make me feel pressured to accepet it by calling it an alternative lifestyle. It is not. It is a pervesion. Deal with it, but not in public. Please

The lady doth protest too much, methinks!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

For a moment, I thought we were going to have a discussion about: Uriah Heep..but I was wrong, darn. Great band.

Uriah...tsk, tsk...

"Homosexuals have always been with us and always will be, but that does not make it right anymore than killing someone is made right just because a lot of people do it. I don't care what homosexuals do in private, just don't tell me about it or do it in public so that I don't have to see perverted acts and don't try to make me feel pressured to accepet it by calling it an alternative lifestyle. It is not. It is a pervesion. Deal with it, but not in public. Please."

I won't attempt to convince you otherwise, but to equate your view of it with 'people killing' is right OUT there. Baffled me good there. As far as 'Deal with it', I would guess to say, that if there is any 'dealing' to do, it may have to be on your part dude.

Murder and Homosexuality: great comparison

No one is forcing or pressuring you to accept anything, are they, really? mind you, you used the term 'pervert' with varying suffixes quite a bit.

the fact that they are not comfortable with their chosen practises

I smell a fundie here.

FACT: ? could you supply some facts, please. Thank you.

Not comfortable? I hear crickets.

Chosen? what the ...?... - how could anyone chose to be gay? Uriah, makes no sense, sorry.

As far a "Pride" topics. A well informed observation in this world's history would strongly point to a time, not so long ago, where anyone even rumoured to be gay or if they were, would be cause for dismissal (even if they were excellent employees), physical abuses and public scorn. Things have changed, and there is much to celebrate. No need to hide anymore.

Alternate lifestyle? I have never looked at it as an alternative lifestyle. It is simply the way some people are.

I cannot see how a man can fancy another blokes hairy bum rather than the curves of a woman.

Uriah, this may come as a surprise to you, but um......heterosexual people are attracted to the opposite sex (thus your curvy woman comment); homosexual people are attracted to members of the same sex.

You are straight/heterosexual. But not everybody is.

In the beginning of your post, it started off pretty good...then it went downhill from there with its predictable shades of fundamentalist rants (without scriptures, thank goodness).

I'm sure given half a chance, if you were to meet someone whom you did not have the faintest idea was gay/homosexual, you'd be surprised. But...of course, judgemental once you found out.

But some people would rather discredit and procure 'living a lie'. With that being said, with the fundamentalist mindset coloured in terms of BLACK and WHITE, it's easy to see why many practicing (gay) christains remain in the closet, being not only untrue to themselves, but to others and the god that they serve.

Anyways, I'm glad you posted Uriah, you have expressed yourself honestly. I hope you'll lighten up somewhat on this topic regarding: real people, different than yourself.

Wishing you well, regardless.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Joelbear, I loved your post. You sounds like the kind of person I would choose for a friend........I love show tunes too!!!!!!!!!

I grew up with a gay cousin, only back then no one talked about how different Jeffery was, we just loved him to death. He taught me how to ride a bike,got bee stingers out of my hand, taught me how to shake my butt when we danced, and laughed and laughed. He was not only beautiful on the outside, but his inner beauty made me want to be with him all the time. Out of my 40 cousins, growing up....he was my favorite boy cousin, only 2 years older than me.

To me, there are more important issues to think about than weither some one is gay and their sexuality. I have know many gay people, they are wonderful, good hearted, caring, giving, honest and kind. I have met many heterosexuals with those same qualities. I have also seen many more heterosexuals who I wouldnt want to claim that I knew them because their character is so bad.

I would choose a friend based on their character as a great human being, not on their sexual preference. Because in my case, sexuality has nothing to do with being my friend. I dont need to know my friends bedroom antics at all,,,,,,,,,,,,( unless you just want to tell me), so I think that is not at all my business. Just the same as my hetersexual friends and I don't always sit around talking about our sex lives,,,,,,,,well sometimes, but you get the idea.

I mean really who are we to judge anyone, sure we can be straight and let everyone know that we are, that is fine, no harm in that. But to condemn a gay person for their lifestyle is judging. Many have mentioned the kind of sex that gays do. Well I see it as no differnt from what alotof heterosexuals do, and many heterosexuals do alot of crazy things that the local baptist church and most definatly the JW's would find sinful,,,,,,,even within the marital arrangement. In fact it was in the JW's that they compared oral sex between married people to be sinful because it is too much like homosexual practices.....LOL they need to get real.

• patio34
    patio34

whew! Long thread. Of course it's a loaded topic. I tend to agree with Monkey.

According to what I've garnered, homosexuality is caused in humans and animals (yes, contrary to WT baloney, animals (chimps in particular) engage in homosexuality) in utero by having their brains affected by horomones from the mother. This is the cause of hetero or homo behavior. Too little testerone at this one critical time or not enough estrogen and you have a difference. This has been reproduced (lol) in lab studies with rats.

• Xander
    Xander
    That they only talk about it as an act, somthing sexual

That's what I was trying to say in my posts. Being gay is more than just two people of the same sex having sex. Just as being 'straight' is more than just a sticking his penis in a women's vagina. It's more than just sex. It's the whole relationship. If someone is straight, it isn't only because they prefer the male into female sexual experience.

It's because they like looking at members of the opposite sex. Like the attention of them. Like to fantasize about life with them. Maybe marry one, buy a house, make a garden, go for walks in parks, see movies together.

And, here is the point, gay or straight, an intimate relationship is more than just the sexual act it involves.

The natural course is for a man and a woman to have sex, for pleasure or procreation. That is a fact.

Really? Sorry, I missed the part in the bible where god created condoms?

If you were really honest, you'd see that straight people having 'protected sex' is just as 'unnatural' as homosexuality. Indeed, if the bible is you bag, you'll note that god himself intervened directly to smite Onan on the spot for 'wasting' his sperm in a regular heterosexual act.

Thus, biblically, using 'protection' is just as much a 'sin' as homosexuality.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

....and I'll tell you what pisses me off too, whilst we're on high feelings here..... people like OUTLAW and others that come out with macho crap comments like "I don't mind homosexuals....."so long as they don't bother me/ involve me" etc etc......(like they're paying a compliment or something) I mean, who on earth thinks they'd possibly want to involve you anyway

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thi Chi,

I wonder if you can help from being heterosexual. If you can be other than what you are, please tell us how. How can you go from being exclusively heterosexual to exclusively homosexual?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Common sense and good taste Kenneson, thats all it takes

Gay boiz n g1rls unite, these god damn homophobes are making me nervous. Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me and let me tell you some of my queen shoes have at least a 8 inch heel.

You wanna call me a pervert then do it but I am loved, I am hot, I am sexy and I am wanted, can you say the same ? I feel a bit of paper bag action on your head and a light switch flick coming on. *Lights out*

On a leaving note .. I hope your children or grandchildren arn't blessed with our nature coz you don't deserve them full stop.

m0nk3y

• freedom96
    freedom96

I believe that for many people it is genetic. For others, it is a choice.

Who am I to judge?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I have no problem with someone being in love, even when it involves the same sex. I do not feel as some do, that they choose to be gay.

I believe homosexuals are born that way. No one would choose to go through life having people hate or fear them for who they choose to love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit