how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis:

When this is used to deny, dely or skirt responsibility for the choices we make, then I object. It is only ignorance when your life is immobilized because you can’t face the realities of life and all it brings. This truth transcends all countries and peoples. You can go back to sleep now...........

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi. just checking in at lunchtime. wow. who knew what the response would be. i mean NOBODY responded to my posting yesterday dealing with RAPE and PEDOPHILIA.

anyway, since im still new to computers i posted before i wrote everything i wanted to. this has been an issue of perplexity to me since bible is clear yet statistics say approx 10% of population is gay and large body of evidence to suggest it is genetic. also l cor.6;9 lumps it together with several other behaviors suggesting that they are all equally wrong or disapproved, yet the other behaviors do not bring about such strong reactions. i was appalled when jerry falwell blamed 9ll on the homosexuals. haven't most of us engaged in some of the other behaviors (if not homosexuality) at one time or another.

anyway, i have many gay friends and have usually found them to be sensitive, caring, concerned people, both the men and women.

im sorry if this has been covered before, but i am extreme newbie and can hardly keep up with current topics. there seems to be much more to say on the topic however......

nowisee

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Here’s my take….. I HATE beets. The smell of them makes me sick. However, if you like to eat beets, I’m not going to hate YOU because you like to eat beets. I just would rather not eat beets. Of course if you know I hate beets and try to put them in my face or gross me out by going out of your way to make me watch you eat beets, of course I’d be a bit irritated. Doesn’t make you a bad person for liking beets, just means you and I are different in that regard.

I don’t care if you’re black or white, male or female, long haired or short haired, fat or skinny, Jehovah’s Witness or Muslim, Gay or Straight. As long as you are cool people to me, I will be cool people to you....

I’ve experimented with the same sex, and enjoyed it. It doesn’t make me any less of a person.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I really don’t care about this topic, really. It is the underlying issues that I find so interesting. There are many esoteric principles in play here: labels, responsibility, moral worth, history and community........

• Valis
    Valis

I would rather be asleep than think I knew some ultimate truth that you seem to, through implication, be in possession of and expect humanity to supplicate themselves to. What truth is it you would have us subscribe to without having all the facts to examine? Without a furtherance of scientific data all we have is the anecdotal to help us understand. When you presuppose that people are engaging in activities that are somehow more deliterious because they are doing it with the same sex, it is miopic and shows you have little understanding of people.Did you know the highest rate of AIDS infection now is young black women between 18 and 30..(I think)..maybe less time w/the books and more time with a diverse group of human beings is in order. It certainly couldn't hurt. As well, I agree that everyone has to pay or be responsible for life choices in the end, but as Third Eye Blind says..."there will be no regrets when the worms come.."...The sad thing is that being on such a high horse excludes lots of loving, kind, fun people from your existence...One does indeed pay for one's choices..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""I’ve experimented with the same sex, and enjoyed it. It doesn’t make me any less of a person. ""

Choice, or DNA? hehe

• Valis
    Valis

thichi...I think its called TNA....eheheh*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• neverthere
    neverthere

I grew up being involved in a sport that has alot homosexuals, saw them everyday, ate lunch with them. They were my friends.

I don't think it is wrong, it is genetic, just like a diabetic (not the best example I know). It is something that is a part of them, something they can't change and shouldn't change. People are made the way they are for a purpose. No matter what higher power you beleive in (if you do) if they create the people they create them that way for a purpose.

I know many "gay" couples and feel very comforatble having them around my kids, looking after them and spending time with them.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis:

Your implications regarding what is not there is amazing. I have always addressed my views as just that, viewpoints. Your efforts to not address the logic of where many claims and "false choices" would take us is remarkable. I don’t care what labels you want to hang on me, but please, consider the effects of poor debating in relationship to this forum. You allow the name callers and trauma induced posters to attack without any comment from you. But I am granted the innuendoes and labels. Shame on your double standards.

• starfish422
    starfish422

ThiChi said: "I really don’t care about this topic, really"

Uh, yeah. I can tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit