how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis
    why would someone CHOOSE the discrimination and hate that has been inflicted on them for so many years?

CHEVIES, maybe just like you and I find validity in denying the borg to control our lives, it might be that "coming out"or whatever you want to call it, is cathartic and yet another denial in the face of the small minded haters that have ruined generations of good people.

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I wish Matt was around right now. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying this, and if he does, I'll kindly delete. But before he ever told me about being Gay, I already knew. And after losing touch for a couple years, when he finally came forward to tell me, I knew that's what he had to say already. He was worried about my reaction. And there was no reaction. Same as if he had told me he liked beets. Then when he told me he was madly in love with someone of the same sex, my reaction was nothing but joyful. I knew that this man had come along and saved Matt's life. And I refuse to believe that there is something wrong and dirty about these two wonderful people loving each other. And I think it's a shame that the vast majority of gonvernments will not legally recongnize such a union.

Hey Valis, would be sure and use little words when addressing me in the future? :) Thanks luv

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Valis:

False Choice is a legal term in debating. A good debating book to read is "How to Win an Argument," which defines False Choice among other debating terms. Good book, get it, and you will see the impact of what I am saying.

Starfish:

Biologically, I stand by my comment. Truth can wake you up, huh?

"""As to your comment about not educating myself because I don't want to read the book that you suggested: there is more to educating oneself than reading ONE book! I have read many scientific studies regarding the "cause" of homosexuality from both sides. I'm not saying anything absolutely, I merely stated my opinion w/o insulting anyone. A person's true colors always comes out in situations like this, and yours are shining brightly.""

Sorry, your logic is very circular. Who cares if I feel strongly about a subject? What does that have to do with the matters at hand? I put your reasoning age at 13 or 14, debate wise. I only cited one book that discusses dely in gratification. You comment that it is only one book demonstrates your understanding or lack there of. Just try sticking with the issue at hand.....you may not like where it leads...

• Azalo
    Azalo

"I'm not gay...not that there is anything wrong with that" "Should we even be talking about this, I don't think we should be talking about this."

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

ThiChi:

My mother always told me, it's not always WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. Certain ways of making a point will only make you lose you're credibility. In my eyes, you seemed like someone worthy of debating until you said:

I would not place my penis in someone’s s**t hole.

Not only did we already know that being gay isn't your thing (you've already been very clear), your way of saying it could potentially hurt someone who reads your words. Don't you care about other's feelings?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Biologically, I stand by my comment

And Biologically Thi Chi you are entitled to your comment. Also I certainly don't fault you for not want to stick your penis in someone's s***hole *blushing* It's your business

Just like I don't fault someone who would put their penis is someone's s****hole.

*blushing again*

Chevy of 'loves to straddle the fence' class

• heathen
    heathen

My feelings on homosexuality are that for men it's pretty disgusting but women can be very erotic of course cause I am heterosexual the more the merrier when it comes to women lol . I can't see how anyone would want to go down the hershey highway but some women do like it that way not just men . Gay men are often too flakey and turn my stomach when they try to act real feminin. I don't care what you do in your own bedroom but can't stand to see the homos trying to force legislation for marriage or to be recognized as a minority group . I can't see why anyone wants to get married to begin with unless you are a religionist and enjoy being recognized as being married. IMO

• Valis
    Valis

thichi...I'm sure tis a great book, but lets see if we can determine, without having to buy yet another of your book recommendations, what it is you mean.

False choice=making a descision based on things you can't control

False choice=using a lifestyle choice to validate or justify certain activity

Fals choice=some point of debate protocol you care to share w/us

False choice=just a wrong descision, and the criterion for that bad descision gets laid down by you

Fals choice=something I haven't mentioned

I'm willing to listen, but you make references to books I don't have nor do I intend to run out and buy to help you prove a point that is still very much eschew IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Live and let live.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Heathen-

Being married offers legal advantages also, it's not just religious. For example, if two gay people live together for 20 years as a couple, in most if not all states they still have no rights to the other person's property if they die suddenly without a will (which they deserve as much as a widow to her husband's estate). Also, if one has insurance the other cannot benefit from it like a husband and wife can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit