The Governing Body / Jehovah`s Witnesses and the Sin Of Omission ,How guilty are they ? Can you give an example ?

by smiddy3 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

This why interpreting this stuff fails.

It does not give direct support for, nor does it directly oppose, God’s Kingdom IN THE CHARTER, which this is about.

So you cannot unequivocally say that it went against JW beliefs.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

This why interpreting this stuff fails

It does not give direct support for, nor does it directly oppose, God’s Kingdom IN THE CHARTER, which this is about.

Watchtower claims otherwise, as shown on the quote i pasted on previous post. Any claims of peace seeking coming from the UN are blasphemous. No need to interpret it. It's pretty direct.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Interestingly, as soon as it became public that WT was an NGO member, it took action to disconnect and create excuses. Why do so if it "didn't go against any JW beliefs"?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Does this sound like a quote about an organization you think is going to bring about "The Great Tribulation?"

FROM its very inception, the United Nations organization has been interested in children and their problems. At the end of 1946, it established the United NationsInternational Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) as a temporary measure to care for children in areas devastated by war.
    In 1953 this emergency fund was turned into a permanent organization. Although it is now officially known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, it retained its original acronym, UNICEF. Thus, for over half a century, UNICEF has been providing children throughout the world with food, clothing, and medical care and has been trying to look after children’s needs in general.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

This is about nothing doubter . Any jw that finds out about the UN scandal will be forced to silence or disfellowshipped for causing divisions when they speak to others about it.

You're here trying to say what they did wasn't wrong . But in actuality if they ever admitted their membership in a magazine people would leave plain and simple. Which is why they hide deny misdirect and lie. Which that in itself shows them to be hypocrites,and you for defending them.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Just search for United Nations in the Awake and look for articles from the nineties you'll find a bunch of vague praise for an organization they believe is controlled by Satan.

• cha ching
    cha ching

"Anyone" have a link to 1992 charter?

• Doubter
    Doubter

Since there are/were many NGOs, also look up the 1992 requirements to qualify for DPI NGO status (which WT was).

Just saying, accusing someone of being in cahoots with the UN requires much more than selectively interpreting WT articles.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Since there are/were many NGOs, also look up the 1992 requirements to qualify for DPI NGO status (which WT was).

Just saying, accusing someone of being in cahoots with the UN requires much more than selectively interpreting WT articles.

Watchtower had to renew it's membership yearly, so this argument of only looking at 1992 is moot.

The fact that Watchtower disconnected itself from UN NGO membership and began creating excuses as soon as it became public shows that it's membership was, at best, inappropriate. It created a double standard for itself and acted hypocritically.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

You're making your job harder. Just stop it.

You will end up having to show that every year from 1992-2001(?) or 2004, I don’t remember which, they agreed to support to UN as the solution it peace so to maintain DPI NGO status.

You haven’t proven they did it in 92. I seriously doubt you want this additional burden of proof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit