The Governing Body / Jehovah`s Witnesses and the Sin Of Omission ,How guilty are they ? Can you give an example ?

by smiddy3 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's so much easier to deceive when you are a scheming and determined liar,

and do not permit your victims to research for themselves.

Well said Splash

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another Sin of Omission might be the date setting by the WTS leaders of making a set time of Jesus's return or positioning of his heavenly throne. ie. 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975

Jesus through Scripture admonished his true devoted followers to not make a time on god's own sacred time but expect things to occur in the future unexpectedly.

He also gave warning about false prophets who claim they speak from god and what to do when approached by these false prophets.

This is the very reason why most Christian based faiths have not made certain prominent date setting in being faithful adherent to Jesus's guidance and instructions.

.......but then again most Christian based faiths dont have a publishing house at its core operation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    menrov - "Doubter is a typical JW."

So... is his username an attempt at irony? :smirk:

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Searril That didn't answer my question at all. In fact, none of what you said made any sense. It's as though you were answering someone else's question entirely.

And why on earth would anyone downvote my question? That is so rude and counterproductive. I just wanted a simple answer. I don't understand why some people here are so mean-spirited. I have never once downvoted anyone on this site, with the sole exception of that one jerk who verbally assaulted everyone who tried to reason with him before he was banned last year.

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Nevuela, why is it such a big deal to you when someone gets a downvote?

Don't take it personally, it's just people and it's just the internet. Don't let something so unimportant and inconsequential upset you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

1963 resolution[edit]

In 1963 Jehovah's Witnesses adopted a resolution establishing the official view of the United Nations. The resolution was published in the November 15, 1963 issue of Watchtower. At 24 assemblies held throughout the year, a total of 454,977 convention attendees adopted the resolution.[6]

Regarding the United Nations, paragraph 5 of that resolution states, "the nations further refused the surrender of their sovereignty to God's Messianic kingdom by setting up ... the United Nations, ... This international organization stands for world sovereignty by political men. For years men without faith in God's kingdom have endeavored to get all people to worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security, in fact, the last hope for humanity. To date 111 nations have given worship to this political image by becoming members of it. However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship."[6]

Their was also an article in JW`s publications WT ? that stated that the United Nations was set up as the Counterfeit Kingdom of God to take away emphasis from the Kingdom of God by Christ Jesus .

Sorry I cant find that article .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Y,all haven’t learned that feeding the Trolls just results in bigger trolls?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit