The Governing Body / Jehovah`s Witnesses and the Sin Of Omission ,How guilty are they ? Can you give an example ?

by smiddy3 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

More than that they showed that they don't really believe all the end time propaganda that they spew forth. They have been very quiet in WT lately regarding their condemnation of the UN. In their latest piece on "Gog of Magog" they say it represents a "Coalition of Nations" but do not refer to UN as they have in the past. Coincidence?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

You will end up having to show that every year from 1992-2001(?) or 2004, I don’t remember which, they agreed to support to UN as the solution it peace so to maintain DPI NGO status.

Non-sense. Why would I need to prove this?

To make my point easier for you to understand: Your insistence in claiming that the NGO membership in 1992 didn't require charter agreement is a moot point since WT had to renew it's membership yearly. Do you understand now?

• Doubter
    Doubter

Where did I say that charter agreement was not necessary?

I said that the charter doesn’t say what you claim it says. In other words you’re forcefully interpreting it and watchtower articles.

In fact, as I recall, the portion of the charter you showed idid not say that dpi NGOs had to support actively, the United Nations.

so it appears that you’re the one who’s the big liar.

it seems you want to ignore the type of NGO wt was, Or does it really matter?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I said that the charter doesn’t say what you claim it says. In other words you’re forcefully interpreting it and watchtower articles.

Can you remind me again what I claimed "the charter said that it didn't really say"? As far as I remember the charter quote I posted was from the original charter, way before 1992.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just saying, accusing someone of being in cahoots with the UN requires

much more than selectively interpreting WT articles.

No one is selectively reviewing the WTS's association with the UN but yourself.

Doubter your a lying idiot and a Troll !

Go away and Troll somewhere else.

If the WTS sees the association and adherence to the UN charter as you do why did they stop their NGO registration ?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I for one am glad Doubter is here. That way lurkers can see how apologists resort to word play and blatant dishonesty.

A JW would know that ANY voluntary affiliation with the UN would be inappropriate for all JWs, including those at the top. A JW would know that an individual JW would be reprimanded for it. The fact that WT disconnected itself upon public becoming aware of it proves so as well.

A lurker would thus see the obvious double standard and hypocrisy at play.

So Doubter can attempt to deflect and excuse all that he wants, he's not gonna get anywhere in trying to justify and excuse WT's affiliation with the UN.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I’ve never read that the United Nations is Babylon the great in the revelation book.
    I would love to have a quote.

-Doubter

The UN is the beast that Babylon the Great rides. Here's a quote from the Revelation book:

The angel further explains to John: “And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an eighth king, but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.” (Revelation 17:11) The symbolic scarlet-colored wild beast “springs from” the seven heads; that is, it is born from, or owes its existence to, those heads of the original “wild beast . . . out of the sea,” of which the scarlet-colored wild beast is an image. In what way? Well, in 1919 the Anglo-American power was the ascendant head. The previous six heads had fallen, and the position of dominant world power had passed to this dual head and was now centered in it. This seventh head, as the current representative of the line of world powers, was the moving force in establishing the League of Nations and is still the major promoter and financial support of the United Nations. Thus, in symbol, the scarlet-colored wild beast​—the eighth king—​“springs from” the original seven heads. Viewed in this way, the statement that it sprang from the seven harmonizes well with the earlier revelation that the wild beast with two horns like a lamb (the Anglo-American World Power, the seventh head of that original wild beast) urged the making of the image and gave it life.​—Revelation 13:1, 11, 14, 15.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

You’re not happy I’m here. It’s just makes you feel better saying that, despite your excuse.

An individual JW is free to have affiliation with any organization he wants, granted his association does not require a violation of his beliefs.

But you’re obligated to manufacture hypocrisy, so you’d say anything to make that happen.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

An individual JW is free to have affiliation with any organization he wants, granted his association does not require a violation of his beliefs.

...and any affiliation with the UN indeed is a "violation of his beliefs", as has been outlined repeatedly here. If it weren't the case, WT would not have disconnected itself as soon as the public found out.

You are doing great exJW work here Doubter. Thank you!

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Doubter are you a child molester scared that you're secrets will be let out of the bag if the organization collapses?

The way you deny deflect defend in the face of logic makes me think you got reasons to keep this ship from sinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit