The Governing Body / Jehovah`s Witnesses and the Sin Of Omission ,How guilty are they ? Can you give an example ?

by smiddy3 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

““The United Nations is actually a worldly confederacy against Jehovah God

and his dedicated Witnesses on earth.”” Watchtower 1987 Sep 1 p.20

As late as the 1991 June 1 p.17 issue of the Watchtower, Christendom was

condemned for its involvement with the United Nations

Thanks for posting that Carla

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

You can also find articles in the Awake from that time period that used coded language to try to look like they were promoting the UN. However, a JW reading it would get a different meaning due to already being indoctrinated that the UN is evil and a false prophet.

Jehovah’s Witnesses firmly believe that the United Nations is going to play a major role in world events in the very near future. No doubt these developments will be very exciting. And the results will have a far-reaching impact on your life. We urge you to ask Jehovah’s Witnesses in your neighborhood for more details on this matter. The Bible clearly paints a picture showing that the United Nations will very shortly be given power and authority. The UN will then do some very astonishing things that may well amaze you. And you will be thrilled to learn that there is yet a better way near at hand that will surely bring eternal peace and security!
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

I think my police analogy was appropriate.

No, it was not, for various reasons:

1) The police departments are not attempting to reach "world peace and security", a goal WT claims belongs only to God's kingdom.

2) The WT has repeatedly written that the UN is a beast that blasphemes against God. What is the "blasphemy" in question? Seeking world peace through means other than the kingdom. WT has never claimed the same about police depts.

3) By WT "signing the paper", it wasn't agreeing with just a generic goal of achieving peace, it was agreeing with the "blasphemous" goal of seeking such world peace without God.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

if I have to “decipher” your arguments, they are convoluted.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy, you said:

“By WT "signing the paper", it wasn't agreeing with just a generic goal of achieving peace, it was agreeing with the "blasphemous" goal of seeking such world peace without God.”

This will be spelled out in the 1992 charter/contract. Or are you, again, forcefully interpreting stuff?

Where is that language? Where did an NGO DPI have to support the UN and it’s goals as the means of achieving peace?

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Funny doesn't the GB try to decipher the bible when they explain generational doctrine or Babylon the great and the UN. Maybe that's convoluted as well.

Or maybe they're just deluded.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

This will be spelled out in the charter/contract.

None of the references to peace within the charter invoke God's kingdom. Instead, it outlines the general policies and procedures it would take on it's own.

Even Watchtower understands this:

Great expectations were held out for it, and it was given designations that were really blasphemous from the standpoint of the Holy Bible. How so? In that to this wild beast powers were ascribed and tasks were assigned that really belong to Gods kingdom and its Messiah or its Christ. Watchtower 1963 Nov 15 p.697
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Doubter your attempt to double talk over the situation has failed.

Now pick up a tablet and get ready for Sunday's Watchtower study.

Elders will counsel you for coming here talking to so many anti JWS/WTS. intellectually inspired honest ones.

You cant lie wiggle your way out anything, so give up.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Need I remind you that early on you said if it was shown where the UN was part of Babylon the great you would admit to being wrong. Carla did just that yet you are ignoring it.

Part of being a grown up is admitting mistakes. I will freely admit my mistake of wasting 40 years of life trapped in a cult!

You admit nothing . Just change subjects and divert attention elsewhere.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Where did an NGO DPI have to support the UN and it’s goals as the

means of achieving peace?

What do you think the charter says you fucking idiot ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit