The Governing Body / Jehovah`s Witnesses and the Sin Of Omission ,How guilty are they ? Can you give an example ?

by smiddy3 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

Someone’s done a lot of homework on the UN thing on another forum. Here’s the link.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

Now we should move on from this topic as there’s are numerous other omissions and hypocrisies going on than the UN saga. I mentioned some and love to hear learn of more. The whole 1914 is a good one to explore considering the person in charge of researching it back in the day, Raymond Franz, couldn’t find anything anywhere to prove it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Doubter Here is a link to the original Guardian article ( the Major British broadsheet that broke the story initially) describing how the hypocritical religion has quickly unaffiliated from the UN once their connection as an NGO became known

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2001/oct/15/religion.unitednations

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If any Jehovah's Witness happen to see the end of this thread, or bits of it, you may be tempted to believe that Doubter was holding a decent debate about the Watchtower's involvement with the UN. However, if you read this thread from the beginning, you will quickly see that he has ignored several facts/comments and simply thrown ideas that were demonstrated to be false.

Please read this thread from the beginning. You will quickly find that there is no "angle" in which it was moral for the watchtower to join the UN.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Now we should move on from this topic as there’s are numerous other omissions and hypocrisies going on than the UN saga. I mentioned some and love to hear learn of more

Thank you NeedToKnow.

I think this post did get bogged down a bit feeding the troll ,however it did serve its purpose in exposing him and his/her love of the Cult and its hypocricy.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They switched to a "contribution" basis for obtaining literature at the Kingdom Hall under the guise of lovingly simplifying the process when actually they did so to avoid loosing their non profit status or having to pay taxes because they were basically selling the literature to the publishers.

They "forgave" certain Kingdom Hall loans under the guise of being loving and generous when in reality they were in legal danger because it was discovered they were loaning money and charging interest without reporting it to the governmental authorities.

They claim that it is a shameful thing to have a paid Clergy yet Circuit Overseers and Bethel workers are supported by donation monies even thought Jesus and his apostles supported themselves in their ministry.

At the doors they say "We are not here to solicit church membership." yet the whole purpose of their visit is to hunt for and recruit potential new congregation members.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They switched to a "contribution" basis for obtaining literature at the Kingdom Hall under the guise of lovingly simplifying the process when actually they did so to avoid loosing their non profit status or having to pay taxes because they were basically selling the literature to the publishers.

And didn`t they act as a "friend of the court" in Jimmy Swaggarts court case about paying taxes for sales of a religious nature voiding their stature as a non for profit religion ?

And this had to do with their change for charging for literature because Swaggart lost his case ?

Wasn`t this a case of getting into bed with false religion ?Supporting Jimmy Swaggarts Ministries in Court ?

• freddo
    freddo

Dubstepped said "Just say fuck off Doubter, and refuse to feed him. It worked with Bobby before him. Don't feed the pedo protectors. They don't deserve your time."

That is excellent advice Dubstepped.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Most JWs don't know that the fees presented at conventions are simply a predetermined fee per publisher. If the fee is not meat, congregations have to pay the bill that will be sent to them in the following months.

They also never tell anyone if they get funds from the government/municipalities in the process (Tourism programs).

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Stephane , it's also dishonest

I often wondered why the expenses were so high at the conventions when an assembly hall was built by us .

When I sell my house and have a profit I invest the profit into the next house.

They do not they take the profit and all expenses for the new building are put back on the congregations or circuits. I always thought they took the money and spent it toward the new kh or assembly hall.

It is extremely dishonest the way it works!

• closed
    closed

Hi from baptized and active in JWdom lurker.

Playing with words and justifying involvement of the Org with UN in any form is a scandal.

I feel sorry for Saunter. He wants to explain things to himself. But I guess he knows that the truth is simple - any, I stress, any involvement in political organisation is a sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit