Template to dump Special Pioneers

by avaddohn94 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Huh!

They have to "REAPPLY" to continue on in this precious form of service, EXACTLY as before, BUT without monetary assistance, and without the "Glory" titles ....?

Wow, indeed: "keep warm and well fed"

James 2:16
  • Zoos
    Zoos

I didn't read all the posts in the last 5 pages so if this has been covered I apologize.

When special pioneers are sent out, I assume HQ buys them a plane ticket and gets them set up. If that is so, HOW IN THE HELL can they simply write these people a cut-off notice (with a couple more months of "allowance") and just leave them to rot.

Do they not have ANY sort of obligation to bring these people home - be it from Mexico or ANYWHERE ELSE???

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    All these cutbacks, halt to new construction, layoffs, changes in doctrine and meeting agendas means one thing....."Mother" is in panic mode! Generally when one makes major decisions when in a desperate state of mind the end result can be crippling even fatal....AWESOME!
  • betterdaze
  • Simon
    Simon

It's one thing to retire to some of these places to take advantage of the lower cost of living but how does someone who's spent a considerable time in a lower-income economy move back to a higher-cost-of-living country?

Not only have they been in a low cost country they have likely been working part time as well. Basically their lives are screwed although it's a choice that they made.

20 years ago the society could do things like this and get away with it - don't they know that in the social media age their membership will get to hear all the stories of discontent? They can't brush them all off as 'disgruntled' - these are people doing the most for them.

They are getting rid of them before they start costing them more money.

"Hey, thanks for all your prime years of service, not piss off. You don't have to go home (you probably don't have one) but you can't stay here"

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    This is crazy, and talk about unlovingly, leaving your followers in the dust. I wonder how many are going to be affected by this, and if its going to be in all parts of the world too?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The "special" pioneer arrangment had it's problems. A couple I know personally, absolutely busted a gut to "special" pioneer and when they finally got their wish they found it harder than regular. The cost of living was very high, the allowance they recieved didn't cover much, they lived for free in a sister's garage and relied heavily on handouts and freebies from the congregation. Once they realized how difficult it was their new "goal" became Bethel service.

Oh don't feel bad for them they got their "reward in full" in the form of theocratic celebrity status and many "privileges," and had no problem letting you know how "special" they were.

Good riddance to this unsustainable arrangement. It was cruel to all involved.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

The Searcher's inclusion the Vow of Poverty and Obedience document is one that every Jehovah's Witness should read and think about. It clearly shows why the comments and advice given by anyone under it are to be viewed with the understanding that they can't really speak their own mind. Statement 8 clearly shows they are not to expect any help when they are kicked out, so I hope they saved up enough to fly home. I hope they "counted the cost" when they signed up.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is just a parasite. Sucking all the sustenance from its host and then leaving them to die.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i think these specials are getting more sympathy off here than the wts.
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

"We don't want to pay you any more, but looky here, you can keep pioneering for free now, what rich blessings!"

I wonder how many families who were undecided about sending their kids to college, will say aw, screw it! May as well, there's no future in a Pioneer/ Bethel career!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit